42. champagne

I run a hand through my hair as I lean back in my desk chair

I run a hand through my hair as I lean back in my desk chair. I grab the glass of cold champagne and take a long sip. Tastes almost as good as Kitten.

"So brother. What would you do if you accidentally knocked her up?" Jackson asks me as he leans back in the chair in front of my desk, crossing his ankle over his knee. I lift my head to him and raise an eyebrow. Where on earth did that question come from?

"What kind of question is that?" I ask him as a small smirk grows on my face. I don't know what about that question that makes me amused.

"I'm just wondering. I'm almost 100% sure you didn't use a condom and she's not on birth control. As soon as she starts craving salty foods and starts being overly horny you should expect a little Nico running around." He says, making me chuckle. The thought of an overly horny Kitten makes my boner spring to life. God, I need a cold shower.

"Well if she were to become pregnant I- I don't even know to be honest. I'm in no place to have a child. I guess we'll just put her on birth control then." I say and take another swing of champagne. Jackson chuckles as he takes one as well.

"I think you'd be a great dad if you'd just learn to hide your guns and the drugs better. And if you like killed Lorenzo before. I don't think a kid would want a granddad like that." He says with a smirk. I chuckle and nod my head.

"He won't even be his real granddad," I whisper, but apparently Jackson heard me. He clenches his jaw as he looks at me.

"We're not allowed to talk about that. We're supposed to act as if we forgot it. Otherwise, all that torture was for nothing." Jackson says with a sigh. I gulp and nod. "Have you told Braelyn yet?" He asks me. I shake my head.

I honestly don't know when or how to tell her. If I told her now, she'd just say "he's not your real father? Then why don't you kill him?" which would lead to me having to explain why I can't and all of that. Which is too much for her to register at the moment.

So much has happened these past days, it's giving me a headache. All I want to do at the moment is drink my champagne, have a nice session in the jacuzzi with Kitten and then have her sing to me while we lay in the bed. I want a day of calmness. It's not something I usually get or want for that matter.

I guess I zoned out since when I focus back on Jackson he's in the middle of a sentence that I didn't even notice he started.

"What did you say?" I interrupt him. He stops talking and turns his head fully to me, a grin spread on his mouth. I raise an eyebrow at him and can't help the grin on my mouth as well.

"Did you zone out while thinking about your girlfriend?" He asks me. I grin and curl my lips. I nod a little and get a raised eyebrow back. "Didn't even comment on the girlfriend part." He whispers amused.

"Well, she's not a sex slave that's for sure. I don't know what to call her, so whatever floats your boat." I say and drag a hand through my hair, loosening the tie on my navy suit. He chuckles a little and nods, leaving back in his chair again after grabbing the cigar on my desk.