Chapter nine: Amenadiel and his angels

If Lucifer concentrated hard enough, he would be able to hear Jeremy's screams, but instead he sat on the leather sofa in his living room, petting Cerberus. Deep in thought he wondered if he had gone too hard on the boy by bringing his dead brother into it. Immediately he scolded himself. It had been about an hour since he left the boy alone but for Jeremy it would've felt like months; that's the thing about Hell, time was different and the time in personal rooms was stretched as far as possible.

A warm tingle found its way to Lucifer's neck, immediately warning him that something wasn't as it was supposed to be. He stood up and Cerberus peaked up when he left the room in fast and long strides, immediately following his master.

In no time, Lucifer and Cerberus reached his front door where his guards where surrounding somebody. When he got closer, he quickly realised who it was. "Amenadiel," he muttered in a monotone voice. "What are you doing here?" The two other angels, who had accompanied Lucifer's brother, immediately turned their attention towards the devil, promptly ignoring the guards.

"Don't jump with glee now, Luci," Amenadiel spoke sarcastically. "Oh he knows sarcasm, what a world we live in. Is Heaven not doing so well?" Lucifer smiled mischievously.

"It has come to our attention that you're not treating the human boy well," the angel ignored his comment. The devil rolled his eyes, "The human is fine, not dead yet."  Amenadiel took a step forward which caused the guards to move in on him but they backed off when Lucifer lifted a hand in the air to dismiss them.

"Luci, you and I both know that you're not treating him well. I'm here on behalf of our Father to switch Jeremiah with his killer, Kevin Jones."

Lucifer eyed the tall, broad shouldered, dark skinned man with disinterest, "And why would I do that? The human is a gift."

"Father said—" Amenadiel started but pure fury filled Lucifer, "Father says this, Father says that; Do not come to my home and speak of that man, he is nothing but a coward who won't even show his face to me but instead sends messengers to do his dirty work!" Lucifer held no respect of love for his Father and he wished him all the worst. "You must listen—" The angel tried again but Lucifer got all up in his face, hands wrapped around his neck. Amenadiel's breath shuddered in surprise while is angel company raised their swords. This, in return, caused the demon guards to surround the creatures of Heaven. The angels were outnumbered and they knew it; one wrong move and they'd all be dead. Amenadiel wouldn't put it past Lucifer to kill his own brother.

Carefully, Amenadiel spoke up, "Father wants Jeremiah to go to Heaven because his intention with the gift was to reconcile the bad blood between you but it, obviously, didn't work." He paused in hesitation but carried on when Lucifer tightened his grip, "And Kevin Jones is starting to stir up problems."

Finally the devil let go and took a step back before he started laughing. "Is Daddy having trouble with a teensy tiny ill intentioned human?" He spoke in a patronising baby voice. It was ridiculous how much satisfaction it gave him to hear that Kevin Jones was creating trouble in Heaven, and the angels could easily spot his sense of satisfaction on his face. One of the angels who accompanied, looked absolutely horrified by this, "You have no empathy." The devil raised a brow at him daringly, "And what are you going to do about it?"

Lucifer would take great pleasure in killing these angels but it would cause more trouble than they're worth. However, they didn't know that. "Enough," Amenadiel sternly commanded, causing Lucifer to roll his eyes. "Jeremy is not going anywhere, he has made a deal with me that entails living in Hell, and that's the end of this discussion." On a second thought he added with a mischievous smile, "Good luck with killer boy." Lucifer went to leave the angels so they could get the hell out of his realm but the familiar voice of his brother stopped him, "We have a final proposition."

The devil turned around, he was always ready to strike a new deal, "Oh?"

His brother didn't miss a beat, "The human boy will live in your royal mansion where he'll be treated rightly with respect or else all of Father's angels will attack your realm." Crap, he thought, they know I don't want a war. He kept his face stoic as he thought it over. He really couldn't be asked to head to war once again and the human boy definitely wasn't worth a war over. Besides, Jeremy was fun to be around and made a fine drinking partner. He looked down at Cerberus, "I agree but it's not my fault if Cerberus eats him."

The angels wanted to object but no words came out of their mouths but strangled sounds. Slowly they nodded in agreement, simply relieved that he had agreed in the first place. The angels turned around and stalked out the room, leaving the doors wide open. Leaves flew inside by the wind, and Lucifer's eye twitched in irritation. In the corner of his eyes, he saw three sets of large white wings before they set off. The force from their wings caused even more leaves and dirt to fly into the room. Lucifer growled in irritation, "Clean this shit up... Stupid angels."

Lucifer stalked out of the room, Cerberus hot in his heels and told the hellhound to wait in his living room. He had a deal to uphold and first things first; he had to retrieve the human.

Cerberus, I hope you're hungry.