Chapter 41: The Truth Part 2

E V A N N A

"Your brothers are one of the reasons your mother and I split up. Your biological mom."

My mind went blank.

I tried comprehending what he said extremely slowly. It felt like all my world just crumbled right in front of me. Just hearing someone talk about my mom crushed me, but something involving her and my brothers?

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat. No words would come out, and my brain completely stopped functioning.

"W-what... do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"Your mom and I broke up because I cheated-"

My heart sunk. "Wait, you actually cheated on her?"

My dad was just as shocked as I was. "You... didn't know?"

My mouth dropped. "I-I thought... I didn't know you actually cheated on her! How could you? How can you do something so stupid?"

"Calm down-"

By now I was fueled with anger and yelling. "No! Don't tell me to calm down! Dad, you cheated on my mom! What is wrong with you? Why were you even with her if you didn't love her anyways?"

"Because if you," he said. "I couldn't just leave you."

"You already did," I said. "And I... I can't even call you my dad anymore. You physically disgust me."

He sighed. "Please. Just listen to me. Hear me out."

I was breathing heavily and I looked away, anger filling my veins.

"Your brothers were one of the main factors we actually divorced," he said. "Besides the fact that... I cheated... on your mother."

"Thanks for the reminder," I said through clenched teeth.

"When I was first with Rose... while with your mother-"

"You were with her?" I yelled. "Are you serious?"

All of a sudden, an extreme hatred for her filled me. They weren't my parents anymore.

"And then your brothers... when I first met them, they were a little hard to open up," He said, ignoring me. "And then I spoiled them just a little. I guess, I guess they liked the idea of somebody else they can rely on."

I listened to him, each second feeling like I was going to erupt.

"And your brothers eventually persuaded me into... officially signing that divorce form."

When I heard that part, my anger completely disappeared. I stared at my dad in utter and complete shock. My whole world fell apart and this was the first time I've felt something like this in a long time.

My brothers, my own brothers were the ones who actually made my parents separate. If they hadn't done that, maybe dad wouldn't have cheated. If sad wouldn't have cheated, maybe my mom would still be with him. If they were still together... she wouldn't be dead.