Part 9: There's Something About Chris

Namjoon wakes me up saying something about pizza but I'm honestly so tired that I'd rather sleep. My throat hurts. This is kind of unusual, am I getting my seasonal cold?

I try to fall back to sleep but the knocks on the door keep interrupting me, followed by a grumbling stomach. I should definitely eat something. I get out of bed and throw on an oversized t-shirt.

I walk toward the living room and see Namjoon standing in front of the open door. The pizza box is in the living room table so who is he talking to? Then I see Chris's head peeking from behind Namjoon.

"Chris?" I say and he waves. Namjoon looks at me expressionless, oh boy. I sprint to the door.

"Hi, Ellie!"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving."

"I still am in a couple of hours, the last train out. I wanted to apologize about...umm you know... so I brought your favorite cake and I wanted to give you this." Chris says handing me the cake and holding up a nicely-wrapped frame.

"Oh, thanks." I say still trying to process everything. Namjoon clears his throat, I look at him and he raises his eyebrow. "Umm Chris this my...my boyfriend." Wait, how should I introduce him? Should I make up a fake name? I'm panicking. "Boyfriend...this is my friend Chris."

Boyfriend? How original and not totally unnatural

"Kim Namjoon," he says shaking hands with Chris. Why would he say his real name?

"Ha Kim Namjoon like the..." Chris pauses and looks at me then looks at Namjoon, then looks at me again. Shit!

"Why don't you come in?" I say with a fake smile. Chris goes to the living room and Namjoon follows me to the kitchen.

"Ellie? I thought you didn't like nicknames."

"Seriously Namjoon? That's what you're concerned about, not the fact he totally knows who you are because you told him YOUR REAL NAME!" I try not to yell.

"What the fuck was I supposed to say? That is my name!"

How does he have a high IQ?

"Hey! Where did all the BTS things go?" Chris yells.

"Ugh," I push past Namjoon and go to the living room.

"I'm redecorating." An obvious lie. "What is this?" I say pointing to the frame.

"Remember the pictures we took in Seoul? Well, I painted my favorite of you," he unwraps it revealing a watercolor painting of myself overlooking the Han river. I remember this, it was during one of my first visits to Seoul, I'd insisted on having a picnic by the river.

"It's beautiful! Thank you, Chris!" Namjoon comes over and puts his arm over my shoulder, holding me closer to him. He looks at the painting.

"That's supposed to be you?" He says and I nudge him with my elbow. Not gonna lie, Namjoon being jealous is kinda sexy.

"Can I talk to you...alone?" Chris says looking at us.

"Sure. Let me change and we can go for a walk."

I change faster than I've ever done before come back to find Namjoon sitting across from Chris. They look like they're having a staring contest, it's almost funny.

"Ready?" Chris says standing up. I nod.

Namjoon's grim expression morphs into worry. I walk over to him.

"I won't be long okay," I say touching Namjoon's cheek, he kisses the palm of my hand and gives me a sad smile.

...........................................................................................................................................................