12. jealous

Part one of a double upload so don't forget to read chapter 13 after too. Enjoy x

You know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

EVAN WOLFE

I sit and wait in the garden for twenty-five minutes until Charlie finishes his shift. Hearing the noise of the party going on behind me, I don't even attempt to turn around and look in case I see something that I don't want to see.

My thoughts race once again and I can't help but scold myself for letting him impact me like this. My blood races with anger and I find myself gritting my teeth to calm myself down. The skin on my arm begins to itch and I quickly wrap my hand around the fabric on my arm to stop this sensation.

"Hey," I hear a voice above me. When I look up I see Charlie's hazel eyes under those brown locks. "You waited." He beams at me.

I smile then nod. "I did,"

His smile extends and he runs a hand through his hair. "Urm," he clears his throat. "Do you mind if I sit there actually? We're not really meant to hang around after our shifts and I don't want my boss to see me." He points to the side of the bench that I'm sitting in.

I suck my lip into my mouth and bite. "Sure," I say before slowly moving round to the over side.

I force my eyes to stay away from the manor behind Charlie, instead I rest my eyes on his.

"So," he says as he leans forward on the table, his hands lay flat on the wood. My eyes analyse his long fingers, one index finger is covered by a black metal ring. "What brings you to an event like this?"

I flick my eyes back up to him again and I shrug. "Not really sure what I'm actually doing here to be honest, I was told I needed to come. Wish I didn't."

Charlie frowns slightly at my words. "That's annoying, why don't you just go home?"

I let a soft breath out of my mouth. "I live like an hour away, so I've gotta wait until my p—" I pause in my tracks. "My family wanna leave."

"I see, I see," Charlie comments. "Well I have to say you look really good in that suit." His eyes trail down to my check and they rest on my lips for a few moments.

Heat rises to my cheeks. "Thanks," I let out. I was not good at receiving compliments because I never receive them, especially about how I look.

Charlie remains smiling as he looks at my face, his lips twitch up into a cheeky smirk.

"What?" I say as I rest my head onto my fist.

He grins. "I dunno, just think you're kinda cute."

My face was definitely on flames now. I hear him laugh which was soft and melodic. "No you're definitely cute," he chuckles.

"Please stop before I die of embarrassment," I say as I slap my hands down onto my cheeks to cover them.

Charlie laughs quietly again. "Okay I'll stop,"

"Thank you," I let out as I remove my hands from my face.

"So what do you do?" He questions as he clasps his hands together in front of me.