- 7 -

Richie got his water and was pushed back into bed by his friends. He sipped on his water and watched as Eddie looked around his room. "What?" Richie asked. Eddie glanced towards him. "Your room is pretty clean." Richie set down his water and grinned. "Why thank you. I cleaned it myself." Beverly chuckled and shoved the window closed. "You're weirdly proud you cleaned your room." Richie narrowed his eyes. "Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are t-"

"No! Stop it!" Eddie said. "You're done. Both of you." Richie and Beverly looked at each other before cracking up. "Stop.. stop making me laugh, my stomach hurts- hurts enough already.." Richie breathed out. Beverly leaned against the wall as her laughs fizzled out.

"Sorry Dr. Eds," Richie said. "Your office, not mine." Eddie opened his mouth to retaliate but when Bev snorted, he made a face at her. "You got your water. Headache fixed," he said. Richie tilted his head. "Not really." Eddie sighed and dropped his hand into his lap. "Fine. Headache almost fixed."

"My stomach still hurts," Richie reminded him. Eddie nodded and stared at Richie. "You probably feel like shit because of all the junk you ate," he said. "And in that case Dr. Eddie can't help you anymore."

"It's Dr. Eds," Richie said. "I should know, I made
it up."

"Yes," Eddie said. "But it's my name and it's not Eds."

Richie smiled and leaned forward. "You love it when I call you Eds." Eddie sucked in a breath and stared at Richie. He fought the urge to stare down at his lips, scared it'd be too obvious. "Do not.." he muttered.

Beverly cleared her throat. Eddie's head snapped over to her as Richie quickly went to lean back again. "I'm going to head to the library," Bev said, patting her pocket to make sure she had her lighter and cigarettes. "But it's not noon yet," Eddie said, watching as she pulled on her shoes. A smirk crossed her face as she looked up at the two. "Yes. But it seems like the two of you have better things to do.. without me."

"The dick does that supposed to mean?" Richie asks. Beverly snorted at his wording. "I'll see you boys later," she said and closed Richie's bedroom door behind her.

Eddie shifted and looked away, knowing exactly what Beverly meant. "She's so weird," Richie said. "Not as weird as you," Eddie said. Richie looked over at him and smiled. "Funny, Eds. Funny." Eddie grinned. "I know."

Richie sighed and set his chin in his hand. "But what do you think Bev meant by that?" Eddie's breath got stuck in this throat. "Excuse me?" Richie fights down his smile and sits upright. "What?" he asks innocently. "I just don't know what Bev meant and I asked you to explain."

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Stop acting dumb, you know exactly what she meant." The smile finally pushed through and appeared on Richie's face. "I might understand a little." Eddie slapped his hands to his knees and said, "I knew it! You just like to watch me embarrass myself."

Richie laughed as he shook his head. "Of course not, Eds! You're so cute." Eddie paused and a smile forced its way to his face. Cute? Eddie swallowed and pushed it out of his mind.

"I'm not cute.." Eddie said. Richie opened his mouth to retaliate but Eddie quickly butted in with, "But you know what'll make me cute?" Richie smiled and asked "What?"

Eddie reached over to Richie's face and grabbed the sides of his glasses. Richie blinked as his glasses were pulled off his face. Eddie slid them onto his own face and blinked, getting used to the new vision. "How do I look?"

Richie stared at Eddie, a nervous knot forming in his stomach. "Honestly, Eds.." he said slowly. Eddie adjusted the glasses. "I can't see a fucking thing."

Eddie's arms fell into his lap as Richie grinned. "I can't see anything but I already know what expression is on your cute little face." Eddie pulled off the glasses and tossed them to Richie, hitting him in the face. "Ow," he said softly. "Sorry."

~~~

The two boys hung out for hours. 1 PM rolled around and so did dark thunderclouds. Eddie stared out the window and watched as the leaves of trees whipped around. "I hate thunderstorms.." Eddie said. Richie looked past him and out the window. "How come? It's just water."

"Yeah, and also thunder and lightning and hail!" Eddie said as he turned around. "Loud noises, Rich, and flashing lights! How could you not get scared by that?" Richie smiled at his reaction. "Aww, is someone scared?" Eddie scoffed and crossed his arms. "No." Richie raised an eyebrow and Eddie raised both of his as if to say "what?"