Loss

"Y/n ah, are you pregnant?"
Your heart skipped a beat at Jin's question.
The possibility dawned on you. You'd always used protection with Taehyung, except for one time. The first time.
"Y/n? Are you ok?" Jin looked at you with concern since your face turned as pale as a sheet of paper.
"I-I don't think so. I think I just catch a cold. Anw, let's go, we're late already." You weakly smiled at him & walked briskly to your workspace.
"Hey, if you really are pregnant, that's good news, isn't it? I mean I'm sure your husband will be happy about it." Sensing your distress, he followed you & gently said to you.
"I-I guess. Jin, we need to sort the books in that area, otherwise Park manager will scold us again. Can you please go there first? I need to take care of a few things on my computer." You quickly changed the topic.
"Well.. ok." Brows furrowing, Jin reluctantly agreed.
Pregnant. That's impossible, right?

You skipped lunch & rushed to the nearest drugstore to get a pregnancy test kit without telling Jin.
You locked yourself in one of the restroom cubicles & did the test as instructed. The minute that it took for the test result to show up on the strip felt like a decade. You stared at the thin strip anxiously, your heart racing at a million miles an hour.
Then, it came out. Two red lines. Positive.
"Oh my God." You muffled your mouth, looking at the result, "I'm having a baby."
Mixed emotions ran through you, on one hand you were happy that your & Taehyung's baby was growing inside you, on the other hand you didn't know how he would react to this unexpected news, especially now that you were on shaky terms.
A bittersweet smile lifted the corners of your lips as you clutched the test result in your hand.
"Whatever happens, I'm going to protect you. My baby."  You muttered to yourself as you gently stroke your slightly bulging belly.
You took a picture of the test strip, then wrapped it with its original packaging & slipped it into your pocket.
"Hey, where did you go? Did you not eat lunch?" Jin asked as he saw you walking back to your desk.
"I- uhmm.." Should I tell him?
"What? What's wrong? You can talk to me."
"I.. uhmm.. You were right. I'm pregnant." Head lowered, you shyly told him in a small voice.
"Oh my God! Congratulations!" He was about to hug you when he stopped himself, maybe recalling what happened when he had gotten too close to you last time. He sounded genuinely happy for you though.
"I knew it! My cousin showed the same symptoms when she was pregnant. Anw, have you told your husband? He'll be ecstatic!"
"I haven't. You're the only person who knows about this." A sad smile crossed your lips only for a fraction of a second, but he noticed it.
"Y/n ah, is there a problem between you & your husband? Omg, is it because of what he saw last time? I should go & explain it to him, I don't want him to misunderstand our relationship." He said in panic.
"No, it's ok. I'll explain it to him myself, I just- I just haven't found the right moment to do so." You shrugged.
"If you need me to clear up the misunderstandings, don't ever hesitate to let me know, ok?"
"Ok. But don't worry, I got this." You forced out a smile to reassure him.
I need to tell Taehyung about this. No matter what, he's the father of this baby.

You came home with a newfound determination. You decided that you need to stand your ground & tell Eunbi the truth about your relationship with Taehyung. Maybe then she would leave both of you alone.
You walked into the house & were immediately greeted by Kang jibsa.
"Kang jibsa, is she in her room?" You asked.
"She went out with 도련님 right after you left & hasn't come back since. Have you talked to 도련님 about her? She can't stay here. She'll only ruin your relationship with him."
"I haven't but tonight I am going to. I'll tell her that I'm Taehyung's legally wedded wife & ask her to leave."
"Finally! Hwaiting! I'll be cheering for you." She pumped her fist & smiled at you.
You quickly took a shower & dressed up. You wanted to look good when you confront her so that you'd gain a little bit confidence.
She still hadn't come home even after you finished, so you went into her room & waited for her inside.
It was in a mess as usual but you didn't bother to tidy up this time.
Not long after, you heard someone walking towards the room & straightened yourself up. Eunbi's eyes widened in surprise finding you standing in the middle of her room as she opened the door.
"Y/n ssi, why are you in my room? Who gave you the permission to enter? Get out." She said condescendingly.
"We need to talk." You said as calmly as possible.
"About what? I have nothing to talk about with a maid." She scoffed as she threw her bag onto the floor.
"About Taehyung. I'm actually-"
"His wife?" She snickered.
"Y-You knew? Then why? Why did you pretend like you didn't know?" Her response shocked you.
"I was just testing the water. I figured he wouldn't marry you willingly & would probably deny your marriage in front of me. And I was right." She said as she crossed her arms.
"It wasn't like that. We- we have some misunderstandings. We were happy before that."
"Happy? With you? Huh! My friend sent me a picture of you guys at a ball & my eyes almost fell out. How the heck did he go from me to you? I need to rescue him from the marriage hell that he must be in."
"You left him! Why are you doing this now? Please leave us alone!" Maybe it was the hormones, you suddenly became hysterical & screamed at her.
"I gave him up, his status, his wealth, because I was promised a contract with the most famous modeling agency in Paris. It turned out I was scammed, so I had thought about coming back to Korea, to Taehyung. Your picture just gave me the last push."
"Have you no shame?! He's a married man now! You're ruining our household!"
"From what I've seen, I don't think I am, you're already doing a a great job at doing that yourself. Anw, I'm not going anywhere, you're the one who's going to get kicked out of this house." She smiled maliciously at you, giving you goosebumps.
She scanned around the room, seemingly looking for something. Her eyes lit up when she found what she was searching for. A porcelain vase on top of the drawers.
She smirked at you & raised the vase above her head.
"W-What are you doing?" Your heart pounded inside your chest, she wouldn't do that to herself, would she?