Fireflies

"Think it, then believe it
And truth will find its way
I know that you will see it
If you come with me"

                       -Fireflies by NCT Dream

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

"Okay, Yuta, Doyoung. You two are up. The rest of you are excused to your room but be on high alert. We still don't know the nature of her relationship to Wayv so it is possible that they caught wind of what happened the night of the performance and are looking for her right now," Taeyong instructed.

Everyone got up from the table except for Jaehyun, Taeyong, Yuta and Doyoung.

"I know that you two are used to working as a duo during interrogations, but today I will be there to supervise. Don't worry, I won't interfere with your tactics, so continue as if this were a routine interrogation," Jaehyun explained.

"Boss. Shouldn't I be there too?" Taeyong interjected.

"No. The rest of the group needs you to lead things in my absence. Even though we don't know anything about our mission yet, you know how the members can be when they aren't distracted," Jaehyun chuckled softly, knowing very well that he just ordered Taeyong to play babysitter for the day.

"Fine," Taeyong complied as he got up from his chair and exited the meeting room.

"Before we head down, here are the things we need to find out today: what happened the night of the ball. Her connection to Lucas and how we can find him. I'm allowing you to use whatever means necessary to find these things out," Jaehyun advised the two.

Yuta was known for his playboy way and his silver tongue, so it was no surprise to anyone that he was one of NCT 127's two best interrogators, but what did surprise people was that Doyoung was the other. When they worked together, Yuta and Doyoung managed to play off of each other so perfectly that sometimes they didn't even need violence to extract information, although Doyoung preferred when they did. The combination of Doyoung's violent personality and Yuta's playful flirty one was enough to create the most psychologically stressful and confusing situation for anyone they faced. It was like if good cop bad cop was morphed into cop that was trying to get into your pants and cop that wanted nothing more than to cut off whatever the first cop found in said pants. Not even the joker could think of a better way to mindfuck a hostage.

It was mostly an act. Yuta was bisexual, but he never really went after men. He would exaggerate his sexuality in an attempt to panic his straight hostages. He had never had to interrogate a woman before, but he assumed that he probably wouldn't have to adjust his act too much.

Doyoung was skilled at interrogations, despite his perma-angry attitude and blunt way of communicating due to his love for violence and his ability to let his hostages know that he genuinely wanted to hurt them, really really badly, but that the only thing preventing him was his purple haired partner.

Together, they were the perfect interrogation team.

"We can do that boss," Yuta reported to Jaehyun. "But I think that we will have to organize it so that we work on finding out about her connection with Lucas first. Either wise she might manipulate the events that occurred that night. We wanna make sure she isn't his secret lover before she starts telling us a crazy story in an attempt to protect the man."

"Fine. I don't care. I just want results," Jaehyun said as he got up from his chair.

The two men followed their boss as he made his way through the kitchen to the basement door until a soft noise was heard.

"What was that?" Yuta questioned.

All three of the men turned to face where the noise had come from.