▪20▪

DAY 73

Veronica is vaguely aware of light, soft touches on her neck. In her sleepy state, she cannot form any coherent thoughts, let alone figure out the source of the mysterious touches. They continue their path, just under her jaw, down the length of her neck, across her collarbones, over her shoulders, a nip on her earlobe...

Ah, they're kisses.

The light pressing of lips travels all over her skin. Veronica sighs in pleasurable content. A deep, rumbling chuckle sounds in her ears, warm breath fanning her exposed neck. Hands glide up and down her back in soothing strokes, fingers dragging lazily over her hip and down her thigh.

Goosebumps rise along her skin, despite the warmth that radiates from the lycan beside her. The kisses come to a stop and a small whine of disappointment escapes her lips.

"L-like it?" A voice, husky with sleep, whispers in her ear. Veronica only nods, pressing her body flush against his.

That was all Theseus needed to continue showering her with kisses. He couldn't help but sweep his tongue over her smooth skin every once and a while. Every time he did, he felt the shiver that would rattle her body. Whether it was with shock or pleasure, he wasn't sure, but either way, he was pleased.

Pecking each of her eyelids, he watches as they open, revealing the green eyes he had fallen so in love with. His breath is momentarily knocked from his lungs, her beauty stealing the air right out of him. Long, dark lashes are framed around vibrant green eyes. A small, button nose is settled between smooth, pale cheeks. Soft, pink lips are slightly parted, an open invitation for his hungry ones.

Just as he leans in to capture her lips with his, he is stopped by a small finger pressed to his chin.

"Morning breath."

A growl of frustration rumbles in his chest in response.

"Nuh uh, you and I both know that's nasty."

Theseus resorts to puppy-dog eyes. He lifts his eyebrows and presses his head forward, her finger now pressing against his pouting lips, his eyes soften in a way that's only for her. For a moment, she seems to contemplate giving the needy lycan what he wants, but then her gaze hardens.

"I'll be back, just let me brush my teeth."

Theseus immediately sits up in the bed, a growl bubbling in his chest. "Not fair!" He crawls off the bed, making his way to Veronica in a predatory manner. "Can't stop me," he says, stalking forwards.

Veronica slowly moved towards the bathroom, quickly grabbing a pair of clothes off her dresser on the way. Just as Theseus lunges at her, she opens the bathroom door and scurries in, locking it behind her.

Veronica's girlish giggles reach the ears of a malcontent Theseus, lessening his dissapointment. He loved her laughter.

▪▪▪

"C'mon! You're going to love it!" Veronica says, practically dragging Theseus to the car.

Theseus doesn't like cars.

"N-no. I not like sick," he says, eyeing the modern contraption warily. The thing always made him sick to his stomach and the sky to spin, his head aching like it had been smashed with a hammer.

"Here, this should help," she says, sticking a small patch behind his ear. Theseus wasn't quite sure how a sticker was going to help, but he didn't question her. There is much about this new world he doesn't understand.

"I promise you will like it," she continues. "There won't be any people, either. Just you and me."

Theseus nods reluctantly, warily climbing in the vehicle after her.