35) An Old Friend

This was requested by missbrebre1012!
~~~
Y/n pushed the baby stroller down the park sidewalk, her six year old son by her side. She sighed and smiled at the beautiful autumn leaves sprinkling around her. She strolled past a black haired figure and said hi, not paying attention.

"Y/n?" she heard from behind her. She looked back and laughed.

"Varian!" She turned the stroller around and walked towards him, her son clinging to her clothes.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't recognize you!" She said. He chuckled.

"It's fine, it's fine! Wow! You're a mom now! Who's the lucky guy?" He teased a bit.

"He left while I pregnant with this little sucker." She pinched her baby's cheek lightly and he chuckled.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." Varian he cringed a bit.

"It's fine. He was a lowlife anyway." she said. Varian looked inside the stroller and laughed.

"He's looks so much like you!" He said, smiling. He then looked over at her side to see her son hiding behind her leg. He kneeled down to the six year old's height   and smiled.

"Hey there, little guy! What's your name?" He asked sweetly. He didn't respond and he only hid further behind her.

"Can you tell him your name?" Y/n asked.

"T-Toby." He told Varian quietly.

"How'd you pick Toby?" Varian asked, standing back up.

"His father wanted it. It's his middle name."

"That's not very creative."

"Yeah. but, Toby kinda suits him." Toby laughed as she gave him. a noogie.

"Hey, if you got time, wanna go to the bakery? I really want to catch up." Varian offered.

"I have to take the boys home to their sister." She said. Toby groaned.

"I don't want to go home to Cassandra!" He complained.

"Well, that's too bad! I don't like leaving her at home by herself for too long."

"Cassandra, huh?" Varian asked. Y/n sighed.

"Yeah... I miss her." She looked down a bit. Varian hugged her tightly. He knew Cass was like a sister to her and how the Moon Opal thing really hit her. Y/n hugged back, knowing Varian's pain as well. She sighed and wiped her eye.

"How about you just join me to taking the boys home?"

"I'd love that." He smiled.
---
Varian played with Toby, spinning him around in the living room. Toby laughed with great joy. Once he was put down, he stubbled around the living room giggling and falling down.

"Sorry, little guy!" Varian helped Toby up. Toby laughed.

"Again! Again!"

"Sorry, Toby. You have to leave the adults alone just for a little bit." Y/n said, walking in with two cups of warm chai. Toby stomped and crossed his arms, whining.

"Toby." She scolded him calmly. He groaned and walked into the hallway and into his room. She sat and and gave Varian a cup. He sipped and sighed.

"So, what have you been up to?" Y/n asked.

"Eh, nothing much. Rapunzel let me become the royal alchemist if that means anything to you."

"That's fantastic, Varian!"

"Yeah, it's honestly really fun! Have you seen her yet?"

"No, not yet. I only just got back in town."