2 - Breakie

"Whoa, Rena, you okay?" Nanaba's worried eyes looked down at me, a crease in her forehead.

"Oh yeah- I, uh," I say, standing up straight, " Sorry, about that,"

She shakes her head and grins, taking her seat at the table, "You scared me there, for a second," I place the book on the table and sit down, opposite her, as she pauses, reaching across for the jam, "I saw you creeping around upstairs-"

"Oh, God," I wince, only realising now how wierd it must seem. Definitely not one of my proudest moments.

They all laugh, before she continues, "And when I follow you down, you start asking Mom and Dad some weird questions, and then you somehow manage to fall," She pauses, licking some smudged jam off of her finger, "Weird, but not the weirdest you've ever been,"

I raise an eyebrow, "So I'm the weird one?"

"Girls," The lady pushes back her chair, looking at both of us with a serious look in her eyes, "I think we can all agree that your Dad is the weirdest of us all,"

The man opens his mouth in feint shock, "Me? I'm weird?," He collects his and the lady's plates and puts them away. He makes his way to the door, but stops to tell us , "I'll have you know I'm off to the forest to play with the little fairies, like the not-weird man I am,"

We all burst out laughing at his feeble attempt at a joke.

"Anyway, bye!"

This time he does leave, causing a 'dang it!' from the lady, claiming he'd left his lunch like the 'absolute bufoon' he is. Nanaba offers to take it to him, saying she needed the exercise anyway to stay in shape for her duty.

I queasily stare down at my plate of porridge. In my previous 'life' I'd never enjoyed it, but apparently this 'Rena' girl did, explaining why I was the only one to have a bowl of it whilst the others had beans and toast, which to be honest, I could probably kill for.

Hey, don't mess with my food.

But, in all seriousness, it wasn't the porridge that was making me sick. It was the reminder of this damned situation I was in.

Because this wasn't a dream. And I wasn't dead- or at least I hoped so-, and I wasn't kidnapped.

No, my friends. I, for some weird reason, have reincarnated into the world of Attack on Titan, as the younger sister of Nanaba, who was so unimportant, they weren't even referenced in the god damn series.

And trust me, I would know: Nanaba was one of the characters I'd actually cared for, and of course, by cared I mean looked up everything there was to know about her like the stalk- otaku I am.

"Hey, Rena," Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. The lady - Rena's Mom- had left sometime during my internal rambling, leaving me alone with Nanaba. "Is something up?" She looked into my eyes, causing me to shift uneasily. I've never been one for eye contact, but now, especially, I just felt bad. As if it was my fault I was stuck in her sister's body or something.

"Yeah," I curse my slip of the tongue as she falters, staring at me, concern oozing from her, "Oh no, I meant no. Sorry,"

I grin, and once she'd accepted there was nothing wrong, she did the same. Guess grins are contagious after all.

I blow on a spoon of porridge and take a hesitant sip. Guess it's not that bad. Not what I'd normally eat, though. Toast beats this anyday.

"If there's anything wrong, you can tell me. I understand it can be hard to talk to people if you're going through something bad," something dark flutters across her face, but it's gone so fast, it's hard to believe it was there in the first place," but I'm here for you," she softly tucks a lonesome strand of longer hair behind her ear, her eyes earnest, shining at me.

I gnaw at my lip nervously. Here it was.

In the anime, Nanaba had a small amount of screen time before she was ruthelessly devoured by some titans. But the reason why she was different to the many other canon-fodder in the series is how she attracted many hearts. Female hearts.

Because at first glance, she honestly seems like a guy. With her flat chest, short haircut and low voice, even I was fooled and hadn't noticed until someone mentioned it to me, and that's saying something. Or maybe it wasn't - some wouldn't exactly call me sharp.

And now, her being in my very presence was seriously too much for my heart. I am so happy but at the same time so very concerned for my health. I can literally feel my heartrace pumping like mad. I won't be suprise if I die from a heart attack right now, and honestly, I won't be that regretful, either.

Death by fangirling. What a way to go.

"Don't worry, sis," I push aside my porridge and drink down a cup of milk, trying to drown out it's bad taste, "Everything's a-okay"

She darts a look towards my uneaten bowl of porridge.

"Anyway, tell me about you, Onee-Chan," I rest my head on my hand, trying to change the subject, probably butchering the pronounciation, but hey who's gonna know?

She raises an eyebrow, " What do you want to know?"

"How's life in the Corps?  Made any friends? Any boyfriends?" At this, her face reddens and she avoids my gaze. "You can tell me, Onee-Chan,"

"N-no," She coughs, "No, not necessarily,"

"Please! Just tell me," I beg, as I make my way to her and encase her with a hug.

She laughs ," I honestly am not interested in anyone like that,"

" Please!!"

" Well I guess I've been getting along with Lynne and Gelgar lately,"

My body grew cold. They were both destined to die - Lynne by some boulders thrown by the beast titan, and Gelgar by the same horde of titans that would later kill Nanaba.

"But I don't like either of them like that, okay?"

"That's what they all say," I quip ," Before they have some kinda romance thing,"

"Well, it's what I'm saying. Do you not trust your beloved Onee-Chan?"I pout as she pats my head. "Now, let me go so I can give dad his lunch,"

She attempts to wrench apart my arms tightened around her neck. I hold tight for a second, breathing in her fruity smell. Miche was right, she did smell good.

I let go and she stands up, putting away the plates. "Hey, can I come with?"

"Don't see why not,"