Chapter 10

• • •

"I can take a beating, 

I'll rise again"

• • •

I stalked my prey through the forest, crouched down as far as I could on my four paws. I steadied my breathing and slowed my heart rate down while eying up the stag. All of I sudden I leaped out of the grass and pounced on to the mammal sinking my teeth into its flesh. The stags blood tasted so sweet, I gobbled up the whole thing in no time.

I began to chew on a bone when all of a sudden it started to move. It was as if the bone of the stag had come back to life, trying to get out of my firm bite. Out of nowhere, a hand was on my head... and that's when I woke up.

"Wolfie! What the hell you're gonna scratch my arm... And its made of Vibranium!" My eyes fluttered open to find myself bitting on the side of his arm, with Bucky pushing his flesh hand against my head trying to pry me off of him.

"Ummmm... Sorry?" I tried to say but realized his arm was still in my arm. He looked at me with an amused smirk as I released his arm from my mouth. I felt heat rush to my cheeks causing me to look down trying to avoid eye contact... only to find him shirtless! Geez, my cheeks must have been as red as a tomato. I know I've known Bucky for decades, even though I don't remember. But it's not my fault I like  the opposite sex... I think?

"Want to tell me what that was about, huh?" He asked still with that amused look on his face as he grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"I don't know... Just a dream." I mumbled out.

"Hm, well maybe we should get you a dog bone?" He chuckled, ruffling my hair.

We laid there in comfortable silence until he turned to me and asked: "Do you want to come train with me? And then if you feel ready you can show the others your abilities?" There way he asked these things as questions instead of commands made me feel at ease, knowing I wouldn't be forced to do anything I didn't want to.

" sure..? "I asked a little unsure if the training would be like Hydra's. I may not remember much but I prayed it wouldn't be as tough as theirs.

But it was as if Bucky was a mind reader or something: "Don't worry lup (wolf), we don't go till the death, like at Hydra. Plus I'll go easy on you!" He teased me, reassuring me that I have nothing to worry about.

• • •

"Again!" Bucky shouted with a smile as he offered me a hand to help me get up of the floor.

I bit down hard on my mouth guard and clenched my hands into fists. Bucky had been shy at first. Hesitant to hit me too hard properly spark an episode. But after a while of working through some drills, he began to loosen up.

Bucky swung a gloved fist at my head which I quickly dodged, taking the opportunity to jab at his ribs. This time I punched within my normal strength, knowing Bucky wouldn't take any of this personal.

He winced and grunted out: "Good." 

We both circled each other with him grinning at me like a proud father. "You're getting stronger. I actually felt that one." He winked and teased.

"Well, feel this!" I taunted back as I charged at him and swung my fist, leaving no time for him to block, colliding with Bucky's upper cheek. His head was forced to the side and he toppled over, collapsing onto the ground.

"Oh my gosh, Bucky!" I shouted. Never intending to hit him so hard or knock him to the floor.

"Wow..." He sighed as blood dripped from a cut right beneath his left eye.

"I'm so sorry Winter!" I apologized. And continued to ramble on apologize, barely realizing how much I was talking.

"No," He sat up and wiped the dripping wound. "It was a fair fight. Good job." He smiled causing me to see his eye socket begin to swell.

"I can't believe I made you bleed. I feel like a monster." I covered my face with my hands and slouched, hanging my head in shame. I was so worried I might get kicked out of the facility. As much as I'd hate to admit it I really like it here's.

I lifted my head at the sound of his chuckle.

"I'm fine Wolfie." He grinned and brought up his head metal hand and scratched behind my ear, causing me to slightly growl in delight.

I was thinking about hugging the hell out of Bucky, still upset about the pain I caused him, but before I could Nat, Steve, and Tony burst into the room.

"Whooo!" Tony shouted. "Its a knock out by puppy" Tony cheered with a smug smile on his face. 

"I gotta say," Nat started with a grin. "I'm with Stark. Well done Wolfie. It takes a lot to knock Buck down." Causing them all to smile at me, amazed by my hand to hand combat.

"Uh- I - I show you now?" I questioned, guessing that was the reason for them being here.

"Only if you want to." Steve interrupted before Tony could say anything

"I'll do it... but if he takes full control..." 

"We'll sedate you wolfie. Nothing to worry about." Bucky completed my sentence for me. This gave me a lot of reassurance that hopefully, no harm will come to any of them if my wolf takes control.

"I'm gonna need you to..." "say which form?" Bucky again finished my sentence. Somehow he knew or remembered, that I can't shift out free will. Only by order or loss of control.

"You ready? will do form three, yeah?" Bucky questioned, to which I nodded.

"Bilden drei (form three), Beta." Bucky commanded in a soft tone, causing me to kneel and take a sharp intake of breath before I allowed my body to follow the command. 

I closed my eyes and when I reopened them my view was duller, letting me know my transformation was complete. I was in my grey wolf form with crystal blue eyes, instead of blood read(when in form two, battle form), a little bigger than a German Sheppard. My wolf looked around to find them all staring at me in shock, apart from Bucky. 

A/N

summary of wolfies shapeshifting abilities cus even I'm confused XD

basically wolfie has 3 forms. 

form 1 is his human form

form 2 is his battle form (about 1.5 meters long). He has no control over his actions - they are mostly predator instinct taught by hydra

form 3 is his mid form (roughly the size of a german shepherd). he has more natural dog instincts but is still not in control of his actions. This form allows him to not have to keep his main wolf bottled up. This basically mean he doesn't 'hulk' (wolf) out as much.