Chapter 15

ADITI

When the car stopped and the venue, Manik got out and came running from the front of the car and held the door for me. Instantly I was flattered. He bows down slightly and acts all gentlemen. Kabir gets out of the car. He sees Manik forwarding his hand for me to hold.

"We have a gentleman amongst us!" Kabir says rolling his eyes.

"Just ignore! He is just jealous." Manik says tilting his head to the side and smiling.

I sigh and hold Manik's hand. It's a huge building. Seems like a castle to me with a huge dome at the centre. The moon is already up. I have already planned to sleep the night at Aisha's. When we almost reached the grand entrance Rohan faced us and said " Good bye-singles!" With the chuckle at the end he and Priya went to some other direction holding hands.

"Where are they going?" Aisha faced us. I shrugged my shoulders and Manik sighed and spoke, "Couples dude! They go to less crowded place. Now shall us go - Singles!"

"You are not in a relationship Manik?" I blustered out. Imentally slap myself!

"OH! I have been waiting for you to ask me out! However there are many setting eyes at you!" Manik dramatically whispers the last part. I notice Kabir's shoulders alerted.

I bring my eyebrows together and Aisha speaks immediately, " Avoidhim,he gets cocky around girls !"

"Beautiful girls!"Manik raises an eyebrow . " Well did not found the perfect one yet!" He continues.

While we walk slowly I nod and with a beaming face say, " You must tell me when you find her. You never know I could help set you up?"

"Hmm...point to be remembered!" He says as if in a deep thought. "Bro! enough !" Kabir pats Manik's back.

With a short laugh we enter the huge hall. There is a huge chandelier at the centre and other decorative lights all around the hall. The walls are cream and white in colour. As I look straight I sense people gazing me, boys eyeing me and girls stabbing me with their looks.

The music was a soft one but soon changed to a rocking one.

"I will go and get a girl for me!" Manik grins and walks two steps but retires back to his original place between me and Kabir.

"What? All the girls rejected you sweetie?" Aisha mocked crossing her arms near her chest.

Manik huffs and says, "Just thought to ask you cause I see no one else will do that SWEETY!"

"We have just entered and you are so annoying Manik!" Aisha gets fired up and shows him her tongue. "ha-ha" Manik chuckles and leaves to a girl in yellow dress. He gets her hand and they walk to the dance floor. Yeah no one would reject him;he is one with good looks.

I look at Kabir and sense that something is disturbing him. He seems to be confused and nervous about something. What could possibly be wrong? His face turns toward me and with a nervous look it suddenly changes to a hard one. At that moment I feel someone's presence before me. Its Mayank all dressed up in a white suit.I share an eye contact with Aisha and she too seemed to be stunned.

"Would you like to dance with me?" He palms up before me.

" Ifit's any of you plans then chuck it off!" Aisha says tilting her head to the side.

"NO.I seriously want to dance with her" Mayank has a seriousness in his voice.

I look at Aisha she slowly nods. I lifted my left hand and turned at Kabir at the same time. Our eyes met and I saw something flashing through them. He had a frown on his face. His jaws clenched and Mayank held my hand pulling me away from the two of them. Mostly like away from Kabir! When we reach the dance floor the music had changed to a slow one. Mayank held both my hands. I felt his rough and hard palms.

How will I bear his hands while we dance? "I don't know how to do this dance!" I told him. Surely I was audible because the music had just begun. He never replied and placed one of my hand on his shoulder. Holding my other hand he started to twist me around. 

I managed to keep up with his moves but my heels made it slightly difficult for me. He was looking at me but for sure I knew that he was already lost in some deep thought. Behind him at a distance I spotted Tia in a cheap red dress which revealed way too much of her cleavage. My eyes met with Kabir's and in a moment Tia almost tripped on Kabir. Of course on purpose!

Asudden anger aroused within me and unintentionally I stepped my foot onMayank's. "Aaahh...." he screamed. Leaving me abruptly he started to jump onone leg and holding the injured one.The crowd around me was staring at us."Shit. My heels... I am...sor" Mayank stopped me ,showing his palm but rather in away of ' It's okay!' Half jumping andhalf limping Mayank left the dance floor. Ishouldn't have come here. I don't even know how to dance! Tucking a lock of hair behind my ear I take astep looking down when I hit something firm. 

Looking up, my eyes meet Kabir's.We look into each other's eyes for few seconds and I see something different inhis eyes. Slowly he grabs my hands and an electric current passes through mywhole body.