Chapter 18

"I pity you both." Zeth said, while looking at the twins.

Then, he snapped his fingers, and Jeanne's body started emitting a faint light before her injuries started to heal. A couple of seconds later, she was already back to full health and slowly opened her eyes.

"Jeanne!" Jalter cried, as she hugged her elder twin.

Jeanne did not know what happened as she was unconscious, but looking at the dead demons, the devil- nay, the angel...ish man in front of her, and remembering that she was stabbed by a sword, which is now completely healed.

It did not take long for her to realized that the man in front of her is the one who save her and her sister from the demons.

Looking at her younger twin, who is crying while hugging her, her lips curved into a smile.

After a few minutes, Jalter finally calmed down, both of them stood up and bowed towards Zeth, expressing their gratitude.

"We thank you from the bottom of our lives."

"If not for you, then we wouldn't have been here. Also, may I know the name of the one who saved us?"

Zeth nodded his head and accepted their thanks, then, he once again said, "Zeth, Zeth Genesis. Well, there is no need to thank me that much, I simply helped you, as me and my wives, simply pitied you two."

Jalter looked confused and asked, "You also said that earlier, why do you pity us? Because we were abandoned? Or perhaps because we were betrayed by the very country we helped and protected."

Zeth shook his head, "If we pitied you two only because of that, then we would've helped hundreds of thousands of peoples already.

No, we didn't pity you two because of those reasons, we pity you because, you two are following the words of a birdman, and a supposed 'god' who doesn't even exist."

Jalter, hearing his words, quickly became furious. "What did you say Bastard!! How dare you slander our God! You might be our savior, but I will still kill you if say such things again!"

Even Jeanne is angry at him, "Sir, even though you saved us, we won't allow you say such things! God is there, watching over us! We cannot see him, but we can feel him! So don't you dare say that he doesn't exist!!"

Zeth sighed and shook his head, "That's why I pity you both. Look over there, see those demons? Watch this-"

Though still furious, both Jeanne and Jalter still looked over the lying bodies of the demon.

Zeth once again snapped his fingers and the demons emits a faint light, their bat-like wings change and look the same as an angels, their appearance, body, and even the fear energy, changed and they all looks like an angel.

Both Jeanne and Jalter witnessed this scene with wide eyes, shock were present on their faces.

Zeth look at them and said, "See? There's no such thing as angels or demons, I was the one who created them because I thought that it would be interesting, and there was no god.

Well, if you considered your creator a god, then I guess I am God. That's why I pity both of you, believing the words of a birdman, and sacrificed your entire life for this country. You thought of angels as higher beings, but humans are the very first intelligent beings born on this world, aside from me anyway.

From monkeys, I created the humans, from humans I created the demons, and from demons I created angels. That is why, humans can be considered, the ancestors of both humans and angels."