Chapter 19

Zeth watched as the two sisters were staring at the demons, now angels, with a blank and surprised expression.

"No, no, no, no, it can't be." Jeanne collapsed on the ground, tears were flowing out of her eyes, which seems to lost its light.

Suddenly, Jalter bursts into laughter, "Hahahaha! Isn't this sweet? Hahaha! We fucking fight for nothing! We obeyed every words coming from those damn angels, who turned out to be just a fucking human with wings! Hahaha!

We almost lost our lives, fighting the demons in the name of god, who actually doesn't even exist!

Lies! Everything they told us, all of it are fucking lies! Everything are just fucking lies!"

She keeps yelling and cursing as tears were falling down from her eyes, then she collapsed on the ground, with her hands covering her face.

Zeth just looked at the two woman who keeps pouring their sadness out, he really did pity them. Well, if it was the past him, then he wouldn't even feel any sort of emotions, however.

The time he spent with her wives, those happy moments, all of it change him. The cold-hearted him who doesn't even feel a single thing even if he destroyed a universe, was now feeling pity for two woman.

"Well, do you still feel that everything is worth it?"

Both girls glared at Zeth hatefully, even though technically, he is the 'god' that they were always praying to, but still.

"Do you hate me? Do you blame me? If you want to vent your hatred on me then be my guest, I will gladly take all of your hate. Because even though I can, I won't take back everything I said and done, for you two have the rights to know the truth.

The two of you, who did everything in the name of someone you never met, the two of you, who did everything just because those birds said that you should do it, isn't it time for the two of you, make your own decisions?

Since the time I created the humans, I was fascinated, I watched as the dumb monkey who always imitate my every movements, evolved and became something amazing.

I was fascinated with the human race, so I gave them freedom, haven't you two thought about it? Why humans can use many energy like ki, mana, sacred energy and fear energy? Because I gave humans freedom.

Humans are of much higher entity than angels and demons. Now, tell me, will you break free from the grasp of angels? From the grasp of those beings, who is lower than you?

Or rather, will you continue to do their biddings and be like a doll that only follows every order given by the race of lower beings than you."

(AN: Wow, that's pretty long sentence huh?)

Zeth showed a sincere smile at the end of his sentence. The twins, who saw Zeth smiled for the very first time since they met, showed an expression as though they have seen their god for the first time, well they did met god though.

The twins, seeing his smile, felt the emotion that they discarded to serve their lord resurface, the emotion, or rather, the feeling, called love.

Not the love they have for their country, nay, its far from that, its love between a man and a woman.

Then, the twins looks at each other before once again looking back at Zeth, then they said at the same time.

"We will break the shackles that bind us, we will be free, and pursue our dreams and happiness."

Zeth nodded, then turn around, planning to leave the two as he knew, that from now on, they will no longer follow the words of the angels and will now have their own freedom.

However-

"Wait!"

Zeth stops and turned his head, he saw the twins approaching him and grew confused.

"What ar-"

He didn't get to finished his words however, as the twins interrupted him, they both kneeled in front of him and spoke at the same time.

[We hereby declare, become a part of us, as we become a part of you. We promise ourselves to thee, each day we share, we shall be honest, good, and true. If this you seek, heed our call.

From this moment on, there is no other for us but you. If there are others who dared to harm you, we shall see them staked before us and leave their bodies in ruin.

We, Jeanne d'Arc and Jalter d'Arc, swore this oath to you. Zeth Genesis, our new lord and master, let it be known that if we broke this oath of ours, then let our soul perished for eternity]

Then, their oath manifest itself like a chain, heading towards Zeth himself, binding their souls to him.

"Wha- you two. Didn't you say that you will pursue your own freedom? Then why?"

Even though Zeth can easily destroy the chains and oaths, he didn't do it as it would mean killing the two of them.

Still kneeling, the twins answered him. "We are now free, we can do anything we want, and serving you until the very end of our lives, is what we chose to do."

Zeth just smiled wryly and scratched his head before replying, "Is that so? Then suit yourselves."