Chapter Ten - Paparazzi

"melody lets get home." max said. Melody nodded. max grabbed her hand. Melody looked at him and followed him. max took her to the park.

Once there max sits on a bench. Melody looks around. It was peaceful. "max! melody! Wait up." a female voice was heard. Max and melody looked around. Marina was standing there with a hoodie covering up herself. She wore long baggy pants too. "oh hey, marina." Melody said. "please don't say my name..." marina said holding melody. "okay, but whats going on..." melody asked. Max looks at her. "people are after me. They know where I live... im just scared..." marina said. "well she can stay at our apartment." Max said as he goes the the home. melody hold marina's hand as she follows him. "thank you..." marina said and also follows them.

Once there max quickly locked the door. Melody made the window not seen through. Marina looks at them with a little smile. "this would be fine..." melody said. "thank you guys!" marina said. Max smiled. "hey no problem marina. Lets watch some movies!" melody said with a smile. "movies! I love movies!" marina yelled it a little with a smile. Max wasn't in the mood for that. "you girls do what you want. Im just gonna take a bath." Max said as he went to the bathroom.

"what movie would you wanna watch? I have a lot of my childhood movies." Melody said with a smile. She showed her movie collection to marina. "I take a look." Marina said as she looks through the dvd's. melody smiled but she didn't noticed her music cd's were in there.

"Hu? What is this?" Marina said as she picked up the cd. On the cd was melos written on. Melody only saw the back of the cd. It looked like a movie about an octoling with super powers. " ah that's a movie about an octoling with psychic powers. She can do anything with her mind!" Melody said enthusiastic. "Let's watch that!" Marina said as she put the cd in the dvd player. Melody sits on the sofa.

Suddenly there was her music. Melody was shocked and went to the dvd player. Marina stops her. "let me listen it." Marina said holding melody. Melody nodded. she was ashamed of the music. It was finished, but melody found it sounding awful.

The song stopped. "It sounds amazing! Did you made this?" marina asked with a smile. "I do..." melody said scratching her head. "this would be perfect for splatfest!" marina said to melody. "you sure?" melody asked. "of course! Pearl and me presenter the splatfest and also the music! We also decide who come in our show and who doesn't. I would love this in the live show." Marina said being enthusiastic. "oh well I will try that." Melody said. "thank you! Im gonna put you on the list!" marina said with a smile. "thank you, marina, but lets watch the actual movie." Melody said with a smile. "lets do that!" marina said. Melody quickly switched the cd with the dvd. Marina sits on the sofa. The movie begin and melody sits next to marina. Together they watched the movie.

Half way the movie melody felt asleep against marina. Not later marina felt asleep too. Just at that time max was done with his bath. He notice that the two octopus girls slept on the sofa. "they look so adorable." Max whispers to himself. He take a photo of them and saved it deep in his phone. He decide to put a blanket on them. He went to bed after it.

The next morning. The sun shined bright in the apartment. Melody woke up. she sees marina sleeping. "hu?" melody looks further around. Max was snoring loudly. Melody looked at her phone. On the news appears that marina was missing. Just at that moment marinas phone goes off. Melody looks on marina's phone. It was pearl. She decide to not pick it up and looks at marina. Marina woke up cause of her phone. "oh no... I don't want to be known. Hu its pearl..." marina pick up the phone quickly. "hey pearlie... im sorry that im not with you today, but don't worry im just by some friends for today. I will be ready for splatfest tomorrow." Marina said with a scared face. "no there is nothing with me. I just being here due to stalkers that came to my room. Yes its very scary. So im just here for a day okay. You don't have to worry. Love you pearl." Marina said as she hung up.