- 8 -

The rain started to fall harder and harder as the minutes passes. "Hey Eds, maybe you should stay over with how hard it's raining." Eddie looked out the window before nodding. "Yeah, I guess so." He slid off the bed and stretched, his shirt riding up his stomach. Richie quickly turned away.

"What time is it?" Eddie asked. "I've been here all day, haven't I?" Richie nodded and got up out of bed also. "Yeah, probably. And last time I checked it was 1 o'clock." Eddie followed Richie to the door. He opened it and bent down slightly and motioned for Eddie to walk through first.

He couldn't help but giggle and walk into the hallway. "Dork," Eddie said as he climbed down the stairs, Richie close behind. Richie fell onto a nearby chair in the living room as Eddie picked up the phone, punching in his mother's number.

The phone rang and Richie watched as water flooded down the street. He wondered how Bill was doing, storms like these never settled right with him after Georgie.

"Hey momma," Eddie said. He picked at the edge of the table as he listened to his mother. "I know, momma. I'm sorry I haven't called."

...

"Yeah, I was calling to ask if I could stay at Richie's tonight because it's raining too hard to bike back home."

...

"I'll take them when I get home tomorrow."

...

"Okay.. Thank you.. Yes, I love you, too.. Bye."

Eddie clicked the phone to the receiver and turned to Richie. "I can stay." Richie sat up and adjusted his glasses. "Yeah, I heard." Eddie rolled his eyes and moved to the stairs to go back to Richie's room. "Wait, Eds, are you hungry?" He paused and spun around on the stairs. "A little.."

Richie walked past the stairs to the kitchen with Eddie tailing him. "We got pizza rolls!!" Richie said excitedly. "I saw them on a commercial a while ago and I've been begging my mom to get them for me. I had to come with her on a shopping trip for her to get them. But, even then it wasn't easy."

Eddie sat down on a chair at the kitchen table. "What are pizza rolls?" He asked. "What are pizza rolls?" Richie repeated him. "Only like, the greatest fucking thing ever." He pulled open the freezer and grabbed a frozen bag before going to the plates. "I wish I could watch TV as much as I want to.." He sat the plate in front of Eddie and let the pizza rolls fall onto it. "Doesn't you mom let you watch TV?" Richie asks as Eddie grabbed one and inspected it.

"I hate the way it feels," he said and dropped it back onto the plate. "Well, if you hate the way it feels now then you're definitely going to hate the way it feels after it's done." Eddie sighed. "Oh no... And she does, but very rarely. Says I'll turn my brain to mush if I watch too much.."

Richie snorted and popped the plate into the microwave. "That's shit. I watch TV whenever my dad isn't home, which is a lot."

"That explains why you act the way you do."

Richie's eyebrows pulled together, but his face fell after he realized what Eddie had meant. "I would like to remind your ass that I'm a straight A student." Eddie laughed. "Sure, Rich."

The microwave beeped at them, interrupting whatever Richie was babbling on about. "Beep beep, Rich," Eddie said. "Yeah, yeah," he said and waved a hand. He grabbed the plate from the microwave, his mouth opening in slight pain when his fingers came in contact with the hot plate.

"Volia!" He said as he set the plate on the table. "I.." Eddie started as he stared at the sizzling food. "Just try one," Richie urged on. Eddie grabbed one by its edges and blew on it as Richie sat down across from him. Eddie glanced up at Richie before looking back down at it, taking a bite.

Red sauce and cheese broke free from the crust and oozed out, falling onto Eddie's hand. He gasped and quickly grabbed a napkin, holding it to his hand. "It's fucking hot!" Eddie said and blowed on his hand. Richie stood and grabbed another napkin and brought it over to the sink, soaking it in cold water. He sat back down next to Eddie this time, moving away his pizza roll. "How much does it hurt?" He asked as Eddie moved the napkin away.

"It burns a little," he replied as Richie gently grabbed his hand, pressing the wet napkin to his hand. Eddie's breath got trapped in his throat as he stared at Richie's hand gently holding his. A moment of silence passed as Richie gently dapped the light red spot on the back of Eddie's hand. "Thank you Dr. Richie," he forced out.

He looked up, making eye contact with Eddie. A smile quickly broke out on his face. "Funny, Eds." Eddie smiled, too. "I know."