Watching tangled and teasing Chase (55)

" • I can't promise to fix all your problems but I can promise you won't have to face them alone •"
_____________

CALEB POV: (his conversation with Phill) 

After coming in, dad sits on the edge of my bed in silence. The silence lasts for a couple of extremely awkward and tense minutes before I can no longer take it.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask.

"I am so incredibly sorry son. I handled that terribly and it was extremely unnecessary," dad sighs sadly.

I smile, my father wasn't one for apologies, or anything even the least bit heartfelt. I move to sit beside my father so he knows I'm listening.

"That's okay, I get it. It's a hard thing to get your head around. I'm just asking for your support," I smile.

"You have it, you're an amazing young man Caleb and I'm just disappointed you didn't feel comfortable enough to share it with us earlier. But son, let me just ask why you didn't tell us sooner?" My father replies, a sad smile adorning his face.

"I didn't want you to react...well the way you did" I answer honestly. The guilt on his face is as clear as Ally's blush when Chase is around.

"I should of known, Ally is an extremely attractive girl and you never once looked at her the way so many other young men look at her," my father chuckles. I join in.

"You've noticed that?" I ask, happy for the change of subject.

"Of course I have son, I have bloody eyes. The amount of looks I've had to give some of those guys would have scared me shitless when I was a lad." We laugh briefly before my father continues; "When you meet a nice young lad you introduce me to him, I want you to know that after your mom roused on me I realised how stupid I acted and that you have my full support. I'm extremely proud of the person you are Caleb and I'll always love you. I might not always be comfortable talking about it but I promise I'll try."

Tears gather in my eyes at my fathers words, to most it wouldn't seem like a lot what he said, but to me it meant the world. He accepted me. He still loves me. He's still proud of me.

"Oh don't you start," my father replies once he sees me tears, but I knew that the only reason he said that to me was because like me, tears were gathering in his eyes.

He stood up to pull me along with him and engulfed me in a supportive, fatherly hug.

I chuckled through my tears, never thought I'd see the day that my father initiated such an affectionate moment.

ALLY POV:

We were now at my house, after Caleb told me about how well his dad took the news we decided to stay at my house for the night so Caleb could call Damon and tell him all about it.

Damon has also told his parents and although his mom took it as well as Nicole did, our asshole father stormed out and no one has heard from him since.

I can't believe someone could be so heartless and cruel, but then again...he did cheat on my mom and have twins with another women while not even bothering to attempt to contact Blake and I.

Damon and Jake were coming over here for the night so we could all be together to support the boys, I had contacted Chase, Aiden, Dean, Bella and Bri and they were also meeting us here. After they heard the news we decided to spend the night together at my house as I was home alone.

My mom had gone to the city for the night for work, since I had gotten kidnapped she had been such a better mother, she was even at the city tonight so she didn't have to leave for another business trip next week. Blake was staying at Olive's parents house also.