Chapter 7

Bria's POV

I can't believe I'm really doing this. I have never done anything this absurd in my life. My heart was literally pounding in my toes right now. My mom's rules had always been ridiculous but I never thought I would ever break them.

I climbed through my bedroom window at 10:30 and walked down the road from my house where I know there would be a car waiting for me. I opened the car door and greeted Ash, ignoring her stupid step brother. His jaw clenched but he said nothing.

I had to catch a ride with them because Josh lived on the other side of town. He offered to face time me through the whole drive with Ace to make sure I was safe but I assured him I would be and we settled for texting each other through out the drive. The tension in the car was obvious and every now and then Ace would look at me through the rear-view mirror. I completely ignored him and talked to Josh all the way. When we got to the party, Ash kept looking at him as if expecting something but he completely ignored her. I got out of the car to give them space but didn't went inside. I felt my phone vibrate and looked down and saw it was another text message from the anonymous person. What does he or she want? I wondered

Unknown: You look beautiful tonight

Bree: Thanks. Are you stalking me now?

I messaged back. Ash was taking a while so I turned around to see she was still talking to her step brother but he was still ignoring her and doing something on his phone. I got curious and went inside. The music was on too loud and the house looked amazing. If you removed all the sweaty bodies that is. The dance floor was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying them selves.

Josh: Look up

I received a text from Josh and I didn't hesitate. I looked up and saw him upstairs looking down and grinning at me. I laughed at him and he came down to greet me. We went to the kitchen and he got me a grape soda and I screwed my face at him. He thinks I can't handle alcohol. I mean, I can't but still, he could've asked and let me deny him. He laughed at me but shouted over the music that I should drink that.

Ash and her grandpa (Ace) finally got inside and I was wondering why she had to bring him but I didn't comment. Josh hooked his arm around me and we went to the dance floor. We danced and I actually had fun. So this was what I have been missing out on. We went and played a few games and drank some more. Josh made sure I drank non-alcoholic beverages all night but I still had fun.

Unknown: Do you really have to smile at him like that?

Bree: Who the hell are you? And why are you looking at me?

Unknown: I look at you because I think you are extremely beautiful.

Bree: Can't say the same about you. What do you want?

Unknown: I just want to get to know you better Bree.

Bree: Only my friends are allowed to call me Bree.

Unknown: I'm hoping I can become one of your friends soon enough. Or even more.

Bree: Impossible. You're not my type.

Unknown: You don't even know who I am so how would you know if i'm your type or not?

Bree: Because I really don't like mysterious guys.

Unknown: Everybody loves a bit of mystery.

Bree: Not me. Now if you'll excuse me. I have my date to get back to.