Meeting a Candidate

AISHA

The next day I wake up with a focused mind. Last night I somehow ended up enrolling myself in some online dating app in search of someone who would help me out. I know it's mean to give hope to people who are in desperate need for partner but I can't help it to try helping myself out.

Early in the morning as I unlocked my phone and to my surprise I found myself booking a date with some guy who actually fitted in my list. I was excited and so got up to get ready for my date. I had never been on a date and wondered how it would be. I thought of how will I explain myself to the man named, ' Aryan Saboo'.

Before leaving my flat for the lunch date I glanced at Aryan's photo. Since I was so much engrossed in my preparation to convince him I hadn't even seen his face. While I was locking the door I glanced at his picture and a frown formed on my face. The typical photo- pouting with caps and beard. I can't bear unshaven men.

 However I walked to the elevator on my 7th floor pressing the button on the wall. Shoving my phone in the pockets of my jeans I looked up as the elevator door opened only to see brown boxes lying on the elevator floor and a boy holding one such box in his hand.

The boy walked out of the elevator blocking the door by his foot and pushing the remaining boxes out of the lift. I stood there and found myself staring at the boy with some familiarity. He has dark brown hair which was dancing on his forehead as he worked with the boxes. I try to recall were I had seen this handsome face when I heard a voice, "Would you mind helping me rather that staring me out?" The boy spoke up.

I nodded with a blush. Dragging the boxes out of the elevator I spoke up, "You alone have so much stuff?"

"No. Me and my friend are shifting together." I nodded with a 'humm'. 

While I pulled out the last box out I put my leg at the elevator door preventing it from shutting close.

"Thank you so much...."

"Aisha. That's where I live with my friend." I pointed to our apartment door as he looked at where I pointed.

"Avinash. You can call me Avi. So we are neighbors now." Avi gave me a bright smile as he pointed to the door in front of ours. I smiled back at him and couldn't stop thinking about how Aditi would react when she would see him She loved dimples and Avi sure had a killer smile with dimples.

"Well I should be get going." I said as I stepped in the elevator and Avi followed me in. I gave him a suspicious look and he told me that he had more stuff to move up. While the ride down we just gave brief introductions about ourselves and I got to know that he went to the same college as me and Aditi. He told me that his friend would be living with him and that he too went to the same college. 

At a moment I thought to ask Avi for being my boyfriend but decided against it. He would think of me as some creep for asking him such a favor that too after we just met. Ironically, wasn't I going to do that with Aryan! Waving back at Avi I walked out of the building to get to my black scooter.

Avi was such a easy going guy and I was sure I would be great friends with him in the near future. I hope he and his friend turn out to be good neighbors.

Entering the restaurant I looked around to see anybody resembling to Aryan. Soon I found the man I was looking at but soon a scowl formed on my face. Anger flushed through my face and I stood fixed at my place. 

Although Aryan had most of the required traits but instantly I hated him because I could see him touching the butt of a waitress as she stood there. I could see that the girl was not comfortable at all but with one hand on her butt and other holding her tightly by her wrist Aryan did not let the girl move away a inch.

 Without any much thought I walked with long strides to the table where Aryan sat. Seeing me his smirk changed to a thin line. I grabbed his hand which held the girl's wrist and immediately he let her go. The girl rushed away and I could sense nervousness as she ran away disappearing in the crowd.

Past two hours since the incident at the restaurant, now I am at my college library  just to collect some books I might need for my reference when I go for job interview. As usual the library is deserted since it is weekend and not all people unlike me are fond of studying even now. Probably they all have an amazing and happening social life and are ready to party tonight. Well if drama is what is required to have a social life, sure I have one now as I am on a hunt for a fake boyfriend cum fiancé. Can my life get anymore cliché  and torturous  within a span of two days?

***********

Please vote and let me know how you feel about the story!

 and enjoy reading! :)