Fingers

Hazel's POV

Master rubs his hands down my back.

I lay as still as possible, not wanting to give any hint that I'm awake in fear of him stopping.

He's been petting me for at least twenty minutes and it is incredibly pleasant. He usually only pets my head, giving only Blue full body rubs, but it feels so good to feel his callused hands running down my spin and over my hips.

His phone bings loudly and I flinch. His petting pauses and I crack and eye open. He looks down at me disapprovingly. "You're supposed to be sleeping," he tells me and I blush, caught.

"I was," I say unconvincingly, sitting up to stretch, pretending to yawn. He shakes his head at me and settles back down against the headboard.

He types at his phone and I subtly nudge his leg. He doesn't look at me at all and I get more and more persistent until he puts his hand on my head.

He gently pats my head, but that's not what I want. With a sigh, I try to crawl under his arms. There isn't really any space for me to do so, so he has to lift his arms up, so I can get across his lap.

My cheek rests on one of his thighs while my lower half is still on the bed. "Hazel," Master laughs at me.

"Please pet me," I beg him.

"I am," he replies, ruffling my hair.

I growl at him and he chuckles even more. "Not like that," I protest.

"Alright, alright," He says, stroking my head.

I huff, him not getting it. "Like before," I elaborate.

"...I didn't know you were awake."

"I liked it," I tell him, guiding his hand down my body. He stares at me, one hand frozen on my body and one hand holding his forgotten phone. "Pet me like this please," I say softly, guiding his hand to show him.

I release his hand and he hesitates, but then starts to do it. I let out a sigh of content and lay my head back down on his thigh.

A cough tickles my throat and I let it, not letting it disturb my peaceful place on Master's lap.

His hand runs down my head to my shoulder and then hip, to finally rest on my bottom. His touch pauses there for a moment and I look back.

He rubs my bottom, tracing the fading cane marks with his fingers. "Do they still hurt?"

"No," I assure him and he nods.

"You should go back to bed, Hazel," Master says and I sigh, not bothering to protest. I don't feel horrible, but Master doesn't want me getting to that point. I lay back down without protest and fall asleep to the sensation of his warm hands running down my body.

————

Master stands behind me silently as I move around on the kitchen counter, trying to cook. It's been a week since the incident and he is finally letting me cook again.

I think he is letting me cook partially because I want to, but mostly because the cake I made is gone now. "Are you going to make desert again?"

He tries not to sound interested, but he's been watching to see if I'll flip the cook book from the dinner section to the dessert one.

"Would you like me to?"

He remains silent for a moment. "Yes," he finally answers, shifting behind me quietly.

A smile spreads across my face, "Okay." I look over my shoulder at him and he huffs, coming close and bear hugging me.

I smile and lean back into him and he tilts me to the side, still keeping me on the counter as he sucks at my neck. "Axel!"