Chapter 8: Him

''You are so done''

As soon as the engine turns off, the driver's door open and a man comes out.

My heart starts pounding when I see him coming close to us and I don't know why, but I feel like an adrenaline shot coming through my body.

He stands beside his friends towering them.

Immediately, the atmosphere changes as if his presence itself, is enough to shut everybody down.

Silence fills the room and I take a moment to comprehend what I'm seeing. 

The person in front of me is... breathtaking.

In every way possible.

Long legs, board shoulders, dark silver hair and a face full of angles.

He is wearing black pants, a black t-shirt, and a black leather jacket with combat boots. He has a couple of piercings on his ears, and he is wearing a lot of rings.

I always liked jewelry on men, but he is giving a whole new meaning to it.

Although, the most attractive part of him is his aura. A combination of darkness and light, along with a danger vibe, which succeeds to make him look even sexier.

If that's possible.

I try to look in his eyes, but I find it difficult. He is standing a few feet across me and the shadows don't let me see clearly. Not that I need it anyway. I already know he is beautiful.

I feel my pulses increase as soon as his stare fells on me. Who are you?

''Hey buddy, good to see you here'' the pale guy says with a smirk on his face.

''You didn't need to come.''

''What's going on?'' the man asks in a serious tone, not taking his gaze from me.

''Nothing much. Everything is under control.''

''Is it?''

He continues, looking between me and Dylan, who has just stand up from the floor.

I take a shaky breath. His voice...how do I know it?

''Just a family misunderstanding. It doesn't concern you.'' Eric says, with a fake smile on his face.

He lets my hair go and my face contracts in pain, from the tight grip he had on me.

Although he still holds my arm, keeping me close to him.

I don't say a word and look down. I suddenly feel exposed and tears start coming to my eyes. How am I going to get out of this mess?

''They don't have the whole payment. That's the problem.'' The driver says.

''And I suggested we get something else as an exchange for the delate.''

The pale one continues with a smile.

I look up for a moment and I can see the stranger's eyes flicker on me. I know he understood what his friend meant and that makes me feel even worst. I look away defeated. 

I just wanna go home.

''Who is she?'' he suddenly asks.

''None of your FUCKIN business!'' Eric yells clearly, losing his patience and I flinched whimpering.

This doesn't go unnoticed from the stranger who clenches his jaw.

He keeps a blank face, staring at Eric and the pale man hysterically laughs.

''We'll take her.''

*

The moments following his words come to my mind as a blur. I felt Eric's strong grip disappearing, while his hand harshly pushed me backwards.

This caused me to stumble and fall. After that, voices filled the room yelling and cursing at each other. I heard punches and noises of physical fight, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I couldn't.

Standing up, I started walking backwards, my head throbbing from the anxiety and the pressure. I felt my heart beating rapidly inside my rib cage, as the panic attack crushed me like a wave. I couldn't keep my tears anymore.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang which cause me to scream. It was the sound of a gun.

Silence took in and a pair of black boots came to my vision. They were coming towards me and I freaked out.

Still walking backwards, I start breathing hard, while tears came down my cheeks.

I felt terrified. The only thought on my mind was to go home.

''Hey.'' The voice in front of me said. ''Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you.''

I kept stepping back, quite whimpers escaping my lips in the process.

Every so slightly I was being backed into the corner, preventing me from being able to escape. It wasn't long till I was completely enclosed and I could feel a warmth radiate from the person in front of me.

''I won't hurt you, please look at me'' the voice kept talking, trying to calm me down. 

My breathing got heavier and I began sniffle like a little kid. I didn't even notice the pair of hands grabbing my wrists, pulling me closer.

''Look at me'' he said in a demanding tone and I flinched.

Eventually, my tears came into a halt, but I still held my gaze away from him.

''Please'' he said, gently this time, making my heart skip a beat.

I hesitantly looked up, finding a per of dark orbs staring at my face.

''See, it wasn't so hard now, was it?'' he said, half smiling at me.

I stood there, completely lost in a daze from the man in front of me. My thoughts were clouded, and I felt like daydreaming.

But I snapped out of it.

''I want to g-go home'' I chocked out, as the leftovers of my tears spilled out.

He quickly nodded, cupping my face and wiping the pools under my eyes.

''I know, I know'' he answered, looking at me worriedly.

''H-home'' I said once again, as I tried to take a step forward away from him.

He quickly stepped in the same direction, blocking my path.

I felt my breath picking up again and I started to shake.

He saw that immediately and grabbed me again, slowly stroking my arms up and down.

''You need to calm down ok? Please.'' He plead again, and my legs gave up on me.

Of course, he was quick enough to hold me.
Carefully, he sit me down, and cupped my face once again. 

Only this time, he put his forehead on mine.

''Breath with me. Ok baby?''

I nodded and start taking deep breaths. We were both breathing the same air and at that moment I felt like nothing else mattered.

After a couple of minutes, I had calm down enough to open my eyes.

He still had his face in front of mine, our foreheads in touch, while he gently stroked my hair.

Soon, his eyes opened too and our gaze met.

''Joker?''          

        ***                      

Here it is. They met again. 

It is going to be really crazy from now on.

Hope you're ready for it.

❤️