Chapter 28

"Death ends a life, not a relationship." Mitch Albom

Ryders P.O.V

For a moment, the world was calm and quiet. A blind man could mistake this as a peaceful place. The room is small as Tiana didn't expect company. I surveyed my surroundings as quickly as possible and spot a couple of hotel waters that are completely overpriced. Shifting my weight slowly shuffling towards them and my mother turns with me, with the sharp broken glass pointing in my direction.

Swiftly, I grab the water bottle, aim and whip it at her wrist. It hits and her weapon falls to the ground. I rush her, shoving her against a wall and pushing my forearm against her throat.

In between gasps for air, she wheezes, "you wanted a fair fight, huh? Can't promise you that," she smirks while raising her hand. All I hear is a whoosh before a hard object collides with my skull. This action causes me to loosen my grip. "You're forgetting my capabilities. Such a Rookie move, I thought I taught you better."

My well placed anger caused me to shift into my wolf. I leap and latch my teeth onto her ankle. I catch a glimpse of Tiana's terrified expression as she cowered in a corner. This image makes me weak once more and I miss my mother's leg preparing to slam into my body to try and shake me off. The impact harms my chest the most and my breathing becomes ragged. I won't make that mistake again. I never imagined this moment. I love my mother but she was never real. This woman in front of me is a monster that's been hiding, waiting to be released to wreak havoc and chaos however she may please. It's either her or my mate and now that this woman isn't controlling me, I can choose Tiana everytime.

I pounce, putting an of my weight on top of her causing her to fall to the ground. She thrashes around, but I am stronger so she stays down. Quickly, without much thought, I wrap my mouth around her neck and twist until I hear a snap and her struggle becomes limp and lifeless. My paws slowly crawl away with my tail and head down, unable to look at my dead mother.

I shift back into my human form, immediately ball up into a fetal position and cry naked and unable to accept the truth. "I know that this was a choice beyond my control. I know I was told to kill her, but she was still my mother. I believed she cared about me. I thought she had my best interests at heart. I only killed her because I had to. I will still be haunted by this memory until the day I meet the same fate," I sob, speaking my mind out loud not expecting traumatized Tiana to hear or care.

Suddenly, I feel tiny arms wrapping around me, bringing a blanket of warmth to spread across my entire body. Her breath on my neck makes me shiver and want to crawl into her embrace, wanting her to hold me close as I cry over my mother.

"I'm thoroughly confused by everything that happened," Tiana whispers in my ear. I chuckle in response.

"I called your family and told them to come here I will explain everything once they arrive, " she nods in response, a small smile grows onto her lips. We stay in uncomfortable silence as I sit naked and she patiently waits beside me.

A/N:

I hope you liked this chapter! I am not on action writer and I don't really know how to write fight scenes. I hope It was sufficient and made sense. I decided to wait to upload this chapter until Halloween as the theme of this chapter is death and suspense. Thank you all for your continued support. Goodbye fellow readers and have a terrifying Thursday!

How will everyone react to Ryder's explanation?

What will happen between Ryder and Tiana?

Will their relationship bloom or wilt because of what has happened ?

* silence *

Rachel : All right , what's wrong

Ryder: *cries and sniffles* you are an evil, evil woman

Rachel: *rolls eyes* look this had to happen or else your mate would be dead right now

Ryder: Yeah but...

Rachel: Your mother was putting you under a spell every day

Ryder: Ok except...

Rachel: This spell caused you to beat the love of your life

Ryder: YOU'RE THE WRITER! YOU MADE THIS TO HAPPEN

Rachel: Yeah and you underestimated me

Ryder: So?

Rachel: I had to make sure you'd never question my god-like abilities as a writer again

Ryder: *whimpers*

Rachel: *pats head* good doggie

Vote

Comment

Follow