You Have A Nightmare

Summary: Just a little drabble were you have a nightmare.

Word Count: 900

Arthur lay in your shared bed, staring up at the ceiling. He just couldn't seem to get to sleep, but you were sleeping beside him and that could make anything better. He turned his head and a natural smile graced his face when he saw you sleeping beside him.

You were laying on your side, facing him, your hair cascading over your back and shoulder, a little bit falling in front of your face. Arthur almost reached out to push the strand of hair out of the way but stopped himself, he didn't want to wake you up.

The thought occurred to him that it may be considered creepy to enjoy watching you sleep, but it relaxed him so he didn't care too much about that.

It was like that for a moment, peaceful silence as Arthur watched you. It stayed like that, in the dimly lit bedroom, until your face started to scrunch up. Arthur's smile quickly turned into a frown, what was happening? It quickly dawned on him that you were having a nightmare.

Before Arthur could do anything about it, you began to fidget. Everything about you seeming restless. He wanted to help you but wasn't sure what to do, should he wake you up?

Arthur didn't have to think about it much longer as you woke up, shooting up into a sitting position, breathing heavily. You clutched the sheets in your hands, grounding yourself in the real world as you calmed yourself down and steadied your breathing.

You flinched slightly when you felt a hand come to rest on your back, right between your shoulder blades. You looked over your shoulder and sighed in relief when you saw Arthur's concerned expression.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" you apologised, feeling bad for waking him. You knew that didn't get the best sleep on a normal night, the last thing he needed was you waking him up.

"No...I couldn't sleep...are you alright?" Arthur asked, his full attention on you. You could hear the genuine concern in his voice and it made your heart melt.

"Yeah...just a bad dream" you assured him with a small smile.

"What was it about?" he asked, wanting to know what had upset you so much.

"I-It doesn't matter, I'm fine" you shook your head, not wanting bother him with it. It was just a dream, nothing to worry about.

"You're upset about it, please tell me. I can help" Arthur told you, rubbing his hand up and down your back in a comforting manner. You just nodded and smiled softly, he was just so sweet, all the time.

Arthur moved back to sit up against the headboard of the bed, letting you shift so that you were sitting beside him. You let out a content sigh as you rested your head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around you. You wrapped your arms around his waist, holding yourself close to him.

"Okay...it was about you...I thought that I...that I lost you" you told him, staring at the sheets that draped over you both, you really didn't want to relive that dream. You didn't want to see him like that again. "It was so scary...you were hurt and I couldn't help you. I tried but...but it was no use" you confessed, holding yourself even closer to him.

"It's okay...I'm okay, I'm here now" Arthur reminded you, tightening his hold on you, using one hand to push your hair out of your face. Arthur didn't think that he was very good at comforting people, he had never had to do it. You had comforted him many, many times, so he just said what you would have said. He did what you would have done if the roles were reversed.

You smiled softly as you looked up at him, he was looking at you with those beautiful sad eyes, so worried about you. You reached up with one hand, pushed his messy hair out of his face before leaning up and pressing a gentle kiss to his lips. He instantly returned the sweet and gentle kiss, he would never turn down one of your kisses.

"Are you alright?" Arthur asked again, resting his forehead against yours. He just didn't want to let you go until he knew that you were okay.

"I'm fine, much better now. Thank you" you assured him with a smile before tucking your head under his chin and cuddling into him, you loved being in his arms.

"You should sleep" he spoke softly into your hair. Despite telling you to sleep, he didn't intend on letting you go.

"So should you" you hummed, not moving from your comfortable position.

"I...I can't but you should, for your own sake. I don't want you being tired tomorrow" Arthur told you. He knew that he probably wouldn't get any sleep tonight but he wanted you too.

"Well, I don't want you to be tired either" you frowned, looking up at him again.

"Please?" he asked, he pleaded. He just wanted what was best for you. How on Earth could you say 'no' to that look on his face? It was just impossible.

"Only if you at least try to get some sleep" you tried to bargain.

"...alright" Arthur nodded, sighing softly.

You smiled before the two of you shifted down the bed, laying under the sheets with your arms wrapped around each other and your legs tangled together. The two of you cuddled up together, feeling completely at home in each other's embrace, feeling loved and safe. Eventually, you fell back to sleep.

Arthur still couldn't sleep that night but that was okay with him, everything was okay for him as long as he had you in his arms.