How he Acts in Public with you

Arthur-

Arthur still gets a little nervous to initiate any sort of physical affection, especially in public. It just takes him some time to work up the confidence. However, he will never complain about you initiating the contact. Arthur enjoys things like holding your hand and other acts of affection that show others that you are together, he just isn't used to it and doesn't want to initiate anything that you don't want. Sometimes you can see him holding himself back, so you just take his hand in yours or initiate it for him.

-----

You and Arthur walked down the street, side by side. You had just finished lunch at a nearby diner and were heading back to the apartment building.

A small smile appeared on your face when you felt Arthur's hand brush against yours but that smile soon faded when the contact was lost. You glanced down at your hands and noticed Arthur's fingers twitching slightly, them reaching out and nearly touching your own but pulling away before they ever made any contact.

Taking it upon yourself to do what he wouldn't, you reached out and laced your fingers through his. Arthur glanced down at your hand in his, a soft smile forming on his face. His heart just melted when he lifted his gaze to see that you were already looking at him, a smile on your face as well.

Arthur's smile grew as he looked away from you and you wrapped your other arm around his, holding him closer to you as you continued to walk down the street. You made the mean streets of Gotham seem like a brighter, more welcoming place.

Joker-

Joker has the confidence that Arthur doesn't have, so he doesn't hesitate to initiate any sort of affection, even in public. He'll pretty much always have your hand in yours, playfully swinging your intertwined hands back and forth as you talk between yourselves. He'll have his arm wrapped around your shoulders or your waist, or have his hand resting on the small of your back. He doesn't hesitate to kiss you or press a kiss to your cheek, even if you're in public. He definitely likes to show you off to anyone who is around.

-----

You and Joker walked down the street, hand in hand as he playfully swung your hands back and forth, he was in a good mood. You laughed as Joker hopped over a puddle before encouraging you to do the same, he smiled widely as you jumped over the puddle, letting him pull you along by your hand. However, it wasn't too unusual for him to jump into the puddles or at least splash the water in some way. Yes, he was in a very good mood today.

As you continued to walk down the street, Joker wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you into him, holding you closer to him. He lent down and pressed a lingering kiss to your cheek, the two of you smiling brightly at each other before continuing your journey back to the apartment building.