| | T W E L V E | |

"Such adorable children they are duchess!"

"They look like dolls! How beautiful!"

"How lucky of you to bore not just a son, but a daughter as well!"

Their sickly high-pitched tone resounded into my now bleeding ears as my children blink hard from the attention they're getting.

Well, you must be confused so let me rewind this for a day.

...

"Amy, I really don't think I can attend-"

"Madam! This is the Rosenberg clan! This is your best friend's home and she is inviting you!" Her copper-brown eyes were shining like gold, with a few freckles adorning her face, she looks like a cute cat. Her earlier timid presence has become more active after getting close to me in the past months.

And she is so excited about the invite she, well- me, got.

And I really think I am not.

I am not ready to die!

"Amy, listen to me, my dear husband just came back. I wanted to spend time with him and-"

"Madam, the Lord told me to escort you tomorrow to the Rosenberg estate" Richardson, the personal Butler/right man of Alec, my dear husband.

Right after my words, Richardson decided to barge in and interrupt it.

And also, crush my plans into dust.

Amy's eyes were now twinkling like stars as she looks at me.

Oh boy!

...

"My Lord husband, are you really sure I can go out and meet the Rosenberg clan?" I ask, my eyes shined with hope.

I'm still hoping for the boss's words, and his words are much mightier than the king's.

Because he's the male lead!

The male protagonist!

"Yes"

Yep, he has crushed my hope into dust with his single word.

"I'll be taking our children, you know, I have to let my friends see them" I said, still hoping for his refusal but to no avail, his words were different but emphasize the same meaning.

"Go on"

I just smiled at him when he looks at me confusedly, my toes are clenched in anger as he turns his head to a right angle, a few waves of his hair messily make their way into his cold steel eyes, and then he raised his eyebrows.

Apparently, I have lost face by drooling over him.

Dang it!

Turning my head in a swift movement, I didn't notice the slight raise of his mouth.

......

The day has finally come and I am sweating buckets. I am so flustered that I almost forgot to wear my makeup and just went straight into my closet, fortunately, Amy was with me.

She thought that you were just too excited for this trip, yay!

I decided to bring the kids with me. Why? To divert their attention from me and just pour all of it to my children.

It was the same bunch of villain characters, with different scents of perfume blocking my nostrils, shrill high-pitched voice, and caked makeup.

They are all attention seekers who love power.

"Lady Rosenberg arrives"

And the second female villainess arrives!

***
Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!