CH 31 The Bus

"Hey Charlie wait up!" Alex said running up to Charlie from the other end of the hall. Once he caught up to him the two of them walked side by side. "You taking the bus home?" Alex asked. Charlie nodded while looking straight ahead.
Alex could tell something was up. Charlie wasn't his usual cheerful self. "Hey" He said getting in front of him. "Is something wrong?"
Charlie looked up at him, unsure of how to answer. He wasn't, that was for sure. But he didn't want to admit why.

He shoook his head and signed for "Tired".
"Ah, I hear ya" Alex replied. "I think I'm ganna take a nap when I get to the tree-house. Hey, speaking of which, you wanna come by tommorow?" He asked with a smirk. "The kids miss ya and...It'd be nice having you there again".
A small smile appeared on Charlie's face. He nodded.
"Awesome" Alex said.

The two boys walked together until they got to the busses.
"See ya" Alex said as he walked off. Charlie gave him a wave and boarded his bus.
Most of the seats were filled with screaming kids. Charlie cautiously walked down the aile, doing his best to dodge rolled up balls of paper being tossed back and forth. He got to the middle before he, thankfully, found an empty seat. He let out a sigh as he had a seat and took off his bag, placing it down on his lap.

Just then, a girl with round glasses in the seat in front of him turned to face him.
"Hey" She whispered. She looked around as if keeping an eye out for someone. "You might wanna move" She warned.
Charlie raised an eyebrow and tilted his head. The girl sighed. "Thats Jacobs seat" She whispered again, a little louder this time.
Charlie blinked at her. Who was Jacob? "Are you deaf? I said that Jacobs seat" She hissed between clentched teeth. Charlie grabbed his bag and stood up. He didn't know this "Jacob" kid but he sounded like someone you didn't want to mess with. Before he could step out however, a rather tall senior looking kid stepped in front of him. The girl with the round glassed quickly turned herself around and sat back in her seat.

"You're in my seat" The tall guy said. This must have been Jacob. Charlie took a step back, clutching onto his bag. Jacob guy grabbed onto Charlies bag and ripped it out of his hands. Without breaking eye contact with Charlie, he unzipped it and flipped it upside down, dumping everything out. Books, paper and about a dozen pencils all scattered onto the floor. Kids in their seats shouted "OHH!" and broke in laughter.
Then Teddy fell out.
Charlie's heart dropped.

"Oh my god" Jacob said smiling big. He dropped the bag and picked the stuffed bear up. "A fucking Teddy bear?!"
More kids laughed and said things like "What the fuck?", "What is he five?"
Charlie looked up at his Teddy bear with a sad expression.
"What?" Jacob said in a mocking tone. "You want your wittle beaw back?"
Charlie grew frustrated and shoved the Jerk. Jacob, being caught off guard, fell back onto the other seats and onto the ground. The kids on the bus went silent. Charlie grew pale, terrified of what can of worms he just opened.
"You're dead" Jacob growled. He threw the Teddy to the ground and stood up. He grabbed Charlie by the shirt, getting ready to throw a punch.
Charlie flinched and shut his eyes tight. He got Flash backs of his Father and started to shake.

"AYE!" A voice from the front of the bus yelled. It was the buss driver who had just got back on from his "secret" smoke break. "Thats enough Finch. Want another suspencion? I'm sure your Father would love that on your record" He said. Jacob growled and released his grip.

"You're ganna pay for this fatty" Jacob whispered to him. "Now get out of here" He said shoving him out of the way. Charlie quickly shoved his Bear and all his books back into his bag. He fled to the front and had a seat, not caring if he was next to someone. The kid had his hood up and by the sound of blaring metal, he had his headphones in. Charlie burried his head in his hands, crying softly to himself as the bus drove off.
More and more flashbacks popped up in head, tourmenting him the whole drive over.