(1)Royally Sold- Pain Is Inevitable

**************

Words hurt more than anything else can, because they last, sometimes forever.

Royally Sold

Ch 1- Pain Is Inevitable

'Luna

Do you know that moment in life? When everything seems like it's going to be okay? That all your worries will just cease to exist and all the pain will be washed away? Do you know that moment? Well if you do, explain it to me, please. I've never had a moment where my worries were never there or all my pain was washed away. Even in my sleep the one time you think you will be able to rest, I'm haunted with grotesque nightmares. They bother me and make it impossible to sleep; I want to be free from this pain. Sadly it's all I know, pain makes me realise I am alive, I am breathing and I am living through hell.

I am mature for my fifteen years of age, although I will not be fifteen for much longer as my birthday is coming up in three days...how wonderful.

My excitement is short lived over there, I turn sixteen...then what? I'm still a slave, yes I'm a slave I have been one for the past eleven years. Think back to your history classes, what do you know about slaves? They are considered as assets things that can be thrown around, this way and that. We have no rights; we are the lowest of the low. You could say we aren’t even considered human, that’s how bad we are treated sometimes. This isn’t the life for a young girl? Am I going to be stuck this way for the rest of my life? Will I escape this horrendous nightmare? Or is it my fate? Am I destined to be known as nothing but scum all because I am different? Is it?

 The day when I turned two years old and changed, my mother regretted me and started abusing me. When I turned five years old, my mother, I think had enough of me. Some of the kingdoms nobles and elders found me to be a disgrace to the community. How could the only girl heir to the kingdom of Atira be such an abomination? Many spoke about how I was to complete an outlandish prophecy set in stone by the great Goddess Angelus. It was absurd in my opinion.

My life was pretty much horrible, well that's because my mother made it. My dad still loved me, as well as my brothers, even some of the people of the kingdom mostly the peasants and middle class people, but the peasants and middle class people are the best kind of people. I wouldn't mind being one of them, they were not vain. They didn’t have much but they made do with what they had. Most of them were selfless and cared for the people around them.  Maybe some of the high class people cared; I know my father's friends did and their children. They found something in me they looked passed by horrifying features and saw me for who I truly was. A little girl confused as to why her mother didn’t hold her anymore, or sing sweet lullaby’s to her.

My mother took me to a slave market, where I was auctioned off to some gross paedophile. She liked to call it Royally Sold.

The entire kingdom thought I was dead. My mother put up such a hoax, I'm sure she even got the medical documents as well, to prove I was dead. She told them that the change that occurred within me killed me. She did something stupid though, she didn't disown me formally so I was still the princess of the kingdom of Atira.

I was sitting in the cellar; my master said I was misbehaving. I'm always misbehaving, I'm not the perfect slave and I know it. My master, was one of the youngest masters I've had before he was twenty-nine years old and he was an elf. He wasn't the good type that helped people and performed mediocre magic and was relatively short. Nope because he turned over to the dark side, he was now taller...really tall and he could perform even more magic than before...dark magic to be exact.  He had no idea I was an angel, I hid it. I've been hiding it for the past eleven years, my wings were moulded into my back, only angles had the ability to see them but not even then would they be able to, you see many angels are gifted by the Goddess Angelus with gifts. Gifts that make them different but valuable, you could have multiple gifts if you were lucky. I had the gift of concealment, I hid my wings and my eyes were my ordinary green that I had when I was born, instead of my fiery red ones.

I heard the door open and light streamed in, damn it was bright. I was wearing a black willowy dress, he wanted it that way so...stop it Luna, stop thinking about it! He barged through the door. I kept on sitting on the floor, I'm not getting up if he really wanted me up he could ask me. This disrespect is really going hurt me. He walked towards me, he had strong confident steps and I wasn't scared. I've seen worse, I've been through much, much worse.

He pulled me up roughly and slapped me across the face, "Where is it?" he yelled. My hair was thrown across my face, my cheek was stinging slightly. I looked him right in the eye, if there was one thing I wasn't going to lose when I was becoming a slave, was my right to look someone in the eye. No matter how many times he had hurt me, to make me look at the ground I refused; I will not lose that privilege. They say the eye is the window to the soul, I judge people by looking them in the eye, I can see their weakness, their strengths and most importantly...I can get into their heads.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I answered evenly. He shook me roughly.

"You do know what I'm talking about! Tell me where it is, Luna!" he was furious.

"I'm telling you I have no idea!" I yelled back with equal ferocity. It took all my will power not to hurt him. If I did, I would be in huge trouble.

"Don't raise your voice at me, slave! I was talking about my bag of gold coins! Only you and Elena know about it! So where is it?" he yelled again and gave me a fist to the stomach. Oh I understood now. I was doubled over; I looked up at him while holding my stomach.

"Have you ever thought of asking her?" I asked incredulously. I knew Elena had it, I even saw her take it. The slimy whore!

"I have, she said she saw you taking it." He explained. That wench!

"That wench is lying, I saw her taking it! It wasn't me I swear. I mean how could I have taken it? I was in here all the time, since according to you I have been misbehaving." I said smugly. He down at me, rage burning within is eyes. I think he was trying to decipher me or most likely planning ways to punish me. The door opened suddenly opened and in barged one, no wait two of his burly guards grasping Elena by the arms.

"Sir, we found the slave who stole your gold coins," rasped one of the guards while trying to get a hold of Elena; she was kicking her feet wildly and scratching and biting at the guards faces and hands.

"Told you so" I whispered. His head snapped back and he glared at me indicating that he wasn't done with me yet. Oh joy.

************

My master caressed my face, sweetly and gently. His lips met mine; this was his 'apology' to me. I think of it more as a curse. I had to respond I moved my lips with his. His hand travelled up my dress and he led me towards his bed...I started panicking. I was not doing it with him again. I refused; the last time left me scared.

“No, please don’t!” I screamed in panic trying to move out of his tight grasp.

"Shush!" he commanded. He pushed me onto the bed and kept on kissing me. He got up, and started to pull my dress off. I could feel it coming...my hands was getting warmer. I know I was going to regret this. He stood up and was slowly taking off his top. He got on top of me. I started screaming.

"Shut up you piece of shit!" he yelled. It was coming; he pulled off my other clothes. I yelled louder, thrust my hands forward in his face and instantly...flames. It engulfed him. I stared at him wide eyed. I was shaking, trembling what have I done? He thrashed around, a loud blood curdling wail ripped out from his mouth as he screamed in agony as the flames swallowed him whole. Quickly the bed sheets caught on fire and so did the curtains. I was frozen shocked; I couldn't move my mind was screaming at me to get out of here. I couldn't, I haven't unleashed so much power since I was ten. My body was rigid, I felt queasy. My vision blurred...then it went black.

***********

Hope u like everyone!!! =D Thanks for reading!

*Edited 16/12/2012