Chapter 48: Wait

Su Chen sighed for the umpteenth time again as she blankly weaved the basket in her hand.

"Haiiighhhhh."

She flumped down as she held the incomplete rattan basket close to her.

That foolish person is probably fine, right?

A pervert like him usually lives long, right.

Yup, a pervert like him can never be alone on his own... Right?

As she thought about this, she frowned deeper and deeper.

"Gahhhhhhhh!!"

Su Chen rolled to and fro around the floor in frustration.

Finally, she sat up.

"This isn't like me!"

Determination in her eyes, she hurriedly weaved her imperfect basket and quickly headed to the river.

***

With a laddle, Su Chen poured the piping hot cloudy soup into a porcelain bowl.

Bits of the black soft-shell turtle that had been caught by her and stewed in a concoction of herbs now swirled in the golden cloudy soup. Placing the porcelain bowl on the tray, Su Chen slowly made her way to the second floor of the internal courtyard next to Stork Pavillion Restaurant.

Su Chen had made a nourishing soup for Yuan, who was still recovering from her injuries. She had lost a lot of blood and lacked energy. Having nourishing soup would be good for her at this time!! And the collagen in the turtle will definitely help in making Yuan's skin soft and smooth again.

Su Chen had lapsed into a daze since arriving back to Stork Pavillion. And even more honestly, she was down like a dead log in the days she was back.

Really...

Home was the best place to be!

The beds were soft and comfy and being near people she trusted and liked took a huge load off her mind.

She ended up insensitively sleeping through a few days once she had reached Stork Pavillion's door.

When she finally regained her energy, she realised that she had not seen that pervert since waking up...

Su Chen could not help but feel worry in her heart.

***

Knock!

"Yuan, I'm coming in."

Su Chen busily lifted the door latch and pulled the door open, while using her feet to keep the door ajar to enter the room.

"Yuan, your Miss is so kind as to make for you nourishing softshell turtle soup!! And your kind miss has made it in the style you like with tons of sweet rice wine and ginger! Hurry and get u-!!!!"

Su Chen was fumbling with carrying the tray and opening the door at the same time that she had not realised that there was someone in the room.

Feeling regret in her heart at her impatience, Su Chen could only look aghast at the scene of a man kissing Yuan gently.

My good Jun Qiang. This is not the time to take advantage of a poor sickly lady ah!

When Yuan finally saw her Miss standing there at the door, her face exploded with a furious red as she frantically pushed Jun Qiang away.

"Ah Miss! This Yuan is not skiving from resting ah!"

Yuan was deeply regretful that she fell for another beauty trap again.