Chapter 7

After the events of that morning, Taehyung feels too drained to out to head to class, but being the goody-two-shoes he is, he forces himself to get out of bed, cleans the mess off the floor and makes his way to class. He feels his head throb with each step he takes, the weight of school slowly becoming more and more overbearing. He drags himself across the polished halls and enters his first class of the day, Korean Literature.

By the time it's finally lunch, Taehyung is exhausted. He feels like the classes today were such a blur, all his favourite subjects mixing into a spur of words and formulas. All he wants to do is go to his dorm and sleep. But then again, going in his dorm means possibly encountering Jungkook and right now, Taehyung just wants to avoid Jungkook at all costs. So that's how he ends up here.

In the school cafeteria. When he first entered, he was planning on just grabbing a quick bite to eat and heading out, but then a familiar blond-haired boy spots him and drags him to his table. 

"Hi Tae, how was class?" Jimin asks while sitting down with Taehyung. The rest of the boys, Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok acknowledge the blue-haired boy with either a small smile or a wave. 

Taehyung gently smiles back, feeling a bit better after seeing their kind expressions. "It was okay but I was a bit zoned out today so I didn't get much work done." Jimin nods, "me too, I was not paying any attention. But then again, that's me every day," he says with a small giggle. 

Taehyung smiles before taking a bite out of his apple and turning to the rest of the boys. "How about you guys, how was your day?" He asks a bit hesitantly, afraid that they will reject his attempt at conversation. 

Jin pipes up excitedly. "Y'all know Mrs Mohow, right?"

Everyone nods except for Tae, who tilts his head at the unfamiliar name. 

Jin playfully rolls his eyes, " of course, forgot how new you are. Well basically, Mrs Mohow is like the biggest bitch in the block. You could literally breathe wrong and she would claim that you're being a disrespectful student who needs discipline. Anyways, today..."

~

Jin finishes off his story of Ms Mohow and the group bursts out laughing. Taehyung hasn't even met the woman but he can't help but chuckle at the incredulous tale of her slipping and farting in class. He feels his stress from this morning slowly dissipate as he laughs along with them. 

Namjoon puts his glasses back on his face before suddenly looking at the group in excitement. "Oh, I almost forgot, tonight we are going star gazing, right?"

Jimin nods excitedly, "of course!" The blond then suddenly turns to Taehyung, "oh my Jesus, you should come as well, Tae, it's so much fun!"

"What is it?" Taehyung asks confused about all the excitement. 

"Every 6 months, there is a specific time when the stars align and makes this beautiful pattern in the sky, we go and see it every time. You should join us this time," Hoseok pipes in, a gleaming smile on his face. 

Taehyung looks hesitant, "what time is it?"

"Tonight, 8:30, we always sneak out at around 7 and meet near the old bathrooms." 

The small boy widens his eyes, "p-past curfew? B-but..."

"Oh c'mon, Tae, live a little will ya?" Jimin says while playfully nudging the boy. 

Taehyung nibbles on his bottom lip as he contemplates the invitation. If he goes out, he could possibly get caught by a teacher and be in serious trouble, but then he wouldn't have to awkwardly spend his time in the dorm with someone who loathes him."