loafers

Third Person View

Jungkook was at a lost of words.
He knew Taehyung was somewhat anxious to know what he what happened. His fingers picked at the hem of his shorts as he practically bounced on their bed in anticipation.

"I- uhm, I-"
"Take your time."
Jungkook nodded before he continued- "I broke up with,,, Maddie."
"What? Why?" Taehyung bombarded him with more questions.
"I- I think it would be easier for her and I don't deserve her. She deserves so much more."

"I'm not a.... love expert. Hell, I've never even felt true love. But... I don't think that was for you to decide. Have you ever thought that the reason Maddie endured such treatment was because she loved you?"

"A-and I guess, when you love someone you would sacrifice everything for them."

-Sacrifice everything for them.

"I think you underestimated Maddie. I haven't known her for long and I definitely wouldn't consider her as an acquaintance but-"

Jungkook soft placed his hand on Taehyung's cheek. His thumb padding the apple of it with feather-like strokes.
"You're beautiful, Taehyung."

Taehyung snickered as he turned away with a frown.
"What?" Jungkook asked, as he leaned over to look at Taehyung, eyes soft.
"I— don't want want...it if you're doing it out of guilt, or..regret...or as a d-distraction."

Jungkook nodded as he cupped Taehyung's neck with his hand.
"I'm sorry if I gave you that impression." He said softly, rubbing his jawline.
Taehyung nodded before crawling into the bedsheets.

"Rethink it, Jungkook. You're probably not late."
"She said she hates me."
"People say things when they're mad or sad,,,,they a-also do things." The last part was soft before he closed his eyes and went to sleep, Jungkook following suit wih a heavy heart.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Jungkook was in his office. He continuously clicked the button of his pen, it sounded rather annoying but luckily he was alone in the room.
There was a knock at his door before his assistant came in.

"Sir, Mrs.Jeon is on her way up."
"What the hell, why?"
"I don't know, sir. The guards just told me to inform you of her presence."
"Right. Thank you, Irene."
She nodded in acknowledgement before walking out.

He sighed before holding the bridge of his nose, preparing himself with his-

"Jungkookie! My only beloved son!"
"What are you doing here, Blair?"
She pouted before placing the paper bag on his desk. "I brought sweets for my sweetie!"
"What's the real reason?"
"I heard that you finally broke up with Madeline. I'm glad that you did, our reputation was constantly threatened with her presence."

"Our reputation? That's what you're worried about? What about your son's only form of happiness?"
Blair's jaw tightened.
"Don't you dare. I never said for you to break up with her. You decided that on your own, Jungkook."
"Not for once in your life did you care about my well-being or feelings. All you cared about was your personal gain! And money and pleasing father when he doesn't care a quarter much to how you care for him."

"Do not speak such words, Jungkook. Your father loves me, just as he does to you."
"Yea? Well, you both have a funny way of showing it."
"Son-"
"No. I have to do work. Please, just lea-"

The door opened once again as Maddie walked in.
"Why are you here?" Blair sneered.
"I— wanted to talk to, Jungkook."

Jungkook looked at her softly. It's only been a day since the break up and she looked so different.
"Maddie, I'm busy."
"Yes, he's busy. And didn't you break up." Blair sneered.
"We broke up, Blair. That doesn't mean I can't talk to him anymore." Maddie snapped back.
"Excuse me?"

"Could you not?! Both of you. I have a massive headache and I need to-"

Taehyung opened the door with wide eyes.
"Bad timing? Yea, Imma just yeet myse-"
"Taehyung, darling! I haven't seen you in months."
"You saw me a few days ago, Blair."
"Well, it felt like months! What? I can't miss my son-in-law?"
Taehyung stiffened, so did Maddie as the atmosphere became awkward.

"Uhm. Blair, I want to show you something back at home. Jungkook bought me this really pretty necklace with matching earrings."
"He did?! I want to see. Lets go!"

Taehyung side glanced at Jungkook who looked thankful as the two left Maddie and Jungkook.

"What did you want to talk about?"
Maddie gulped as she fiddled with her fingers.
"I— couldn't sleep last night. Couldnt stop thinking about you and the...break up."
Jungkook didn't respond as he looked down at his shoes.

"Are your loafers more interesting than me?"
Jungkook looked up as Maddie approached him.

She wrapped her frail arms around his neck. He cheeks were hollow, her bloodshot eyes sat on deep eye bags. She looked sick.

"Remember that day, we were at the park and you told me your father inherited the company to you. Did you remember what you told me?"
"That you had leftover icecream on the side of your lip?"
Maddie chuckled softly. "No, not that."

"You told me- No, scratch that. You promised me that you'll never love anyone as much as you love me. I'm n-not ready to just let that go, Koo."

Jungkook gulped as he looked deeply into her green eyes.

"You're right."
He mumbled.

"I won't love him as much as I loved you because...I love him even more."