33.

An invitation.

"You scared me to death!" Yan Gen half-shouted. His palms resting on the ground, after he had fallen back in surprise. "Why the hell are you here?!" He shouted at Wei Yuu who's standing before the window.

Having gotten used to his little cousin's crude way of talking to him now, he just regarded it as him being close to her, that's why she talked to him in such a manner. A gentle smile was drawn on his beautiful face and his bright eyes looked at Yan Gen, full of tenderness. Under the moonlight, he gave off the aura of a celestial, cold and pure, with a shred of arrogance. His inky hair and black eyes flashed in a silver light every now and then, yet the way he looks at him was overflowingly gentle.

This kind of visage leaves Yan Gen in a trance for a while. He is no fool. A man like himself knew that the way he gaze at him--no, it should be the way he gaze at Wei Zhilan is full of infatuation. Yan Gen can't deny this fact, he can't also deny the fact that the Wei's gene is truly magnificent. Look at Wei Zhilan then look at Wei Yuu, they're the best outcome of their hardwork.

Them, being cousins, Zhilan and Yuu has a same significant features, their eyebrows and eyes. It can be said that Wei Yuu is a beautiful man, since Zhilan is regarded as the most beautiful woman in the empire. They were often mistaken as siblings by those people who didn't know the Wei's family tree since they resembled each other the most in their clan. But Wei Yuu can never be mistaken for a girl, though he was often described as beautiful, there will always be a man in the end. A beautiful man.

"I know that you're dying to wander the street right now but have no ways to escape out. Hence, I'am here to save you from your misery" Yan Gen's mouth twitched. He made it sound like he's a damsel in distress. "Are you okay?" Worry laced his voice as he offered his hand to him. He unexpectedly made an eye contact with him when Yan Gen looked up. That look... Yan Gen shuddered. How can he took a liking on Zhilan? They look like siblings, for goodness sake. Let him stare at the mirror and he'll surely fall in love with himself like narcissus.

Ignoring his hand, Yan Gen got up by himself "I'am fine. How did you get passed those guards from jianghu?" he stared doubtfully at him and Wei Yuu who naturally put his hand away laughed in a care free manner like an autumn breeze "What do you think?"

"It couldn't be that you used some sort of smoke for them to inhale and be sleepy?" another laugh rang out of him and he replied "how can that be. If one or two of them collapse, it will raise a commotion. Who knows if there is really a person out there with bad intention who wants to sneak in the Wei main estate? I can't risk it. It's better to go in silently without troubles"

Oh you don't know how many people got in here with bad intention. The first one was that perverted male lead who groped and kissed me until I almost died, the memory of it makes me want to throw up every time. The second one should be you.

No matter how gentle Wei Yuu look, Yan Gen couldn't bring himself to trust him. Although they've been together back when he first came here, it was alway in public and in company of others. As a man himself, he knows how a man's restraint can easily be snapped. They say things but their bodies natural male hormones are hard to suppress, especially in front of a beauty. This pure looking lad here is no exception, Yan Gen have seen it with his own eyes how he ravishly stared at him when he sneaked in his room when he was sick, lightly covering it up with his natural gentle expression. Men are naturally lecherous when in front of a devastating beauty.

Yan Gen howled up to the sky, asking the heavens over and over again why he has to be reborn as a Class A famale villain goddess. Being a beauty is so troublesome. What's with these men sneaking in her chamber every now and then?

Seeing Zhilan looked up to the sky, he had mistaken it as looking for a fireworks. "They will light the fireworks much later" Yan Gen mentally rolled his eyes at him. He knows that! He threw a look at his outfit, he's wearing a white robe that stopped below his knees with tight cuff, embroidered in silver pattern at the sleeves and lapels, he also wore a white trouser and wears a light colored shoes, and on his hair is a silver crown to gather his inky black hair.

"So much for sneaking in the middle of the night wearing such an eye catching outfit" Is this guy for real? One glance at him and he'll be caught in an instance. This is no time to reveal your celestial aura. Wei Yuu seemed embarrassed at his remarks, the tips of his ears redden. "I wanted to impress you, that's why..." he put his right hand at the back of his neck and chuckled. As it turns out...

Yan Gen changed the subject right away. Wei Yuu was uncomfortable, as well as he. This type of atmosphere is not something he should be in, especially with a man "You must be great in martial arts to get passed those martial artists from jianghu" a boyish smile replaced his embarassed look from moments ago. He didn't deny it and shamelessly admit to it "That is of course"

"How arrogant!" Yan Gen sneered and he received another pleasant laugher from him, he's really in a good mood today. Wei Yuu put his hands on the windowsill and in a flash, he was right in front of Yan Gen, just one foot away.

Zhilan's sweet and clean scent drifted to his nostrils, making him feel like he was surrounded by her all over. His heart raced in an abnormal rate, it keeps knocking on his chest, as if it wants to jump out and his brain malfunctioned.

See? see?!

Look at how this young man look at him. Those were the eyes of a rogue. He wasn't wrong. Yan Gen moved away from him, taking three steps backward. Wei Yuu noticed it and innocently grinned.

Who are you trying to fool? Just because you look handsome and pure, doesn't mean that your thoughts are pure. You're a man after all.

On the other hand, Wei Yuu felt a bit happy when his cousin moved away from him. He always gets this feeling that Zhilan is way too familiar and comfortable with him, acting without reserve in front of him. She obviously doesn't consider him as a man she can be with, only regarding him as a close family member.

Her action obviously drew the boundary of male and female. Does that mean that she's now seeing him as a man?

F*ck! how could this bastard enter an unmarried young lady's room? I must protect Wei Zhilan's chastity at all cost. I refused to be pinned down by a guy again! I must fight to death!

Yan Gen's eyes furiously darted around the room, looking for a sharp object that he can stabbed at his jj if he dares to do something vile.

"let's go out? I'll show you around, you won't get lost. I'll look after you"

He stared at Wei Yuu, assessing if he's saying the truth and if he has any other intention.

"Don't worry. The elders are busy for the preparation to recieve the other clan members, some of them are trying to finish their governmental works as soon as possible" Yan Gen was still rooted on that spot so he added "They wouldn't notice us, unless your maidservants report us. Which they wouldn't dare, I already warned them"

Why does he has to threaten his pretty maids? There's no need to do that because he already knows that they're loyal to him. They will never tattletale about him so that he won't receive a punishment.

Wei Yuu's invitation is really tempting and Yan Gen give in, but not before grabbing one of his sharpest hairpin, designed with plum blossom on the bedside table and put it on his hair. In case of emergency.

"Okay, let's go"

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer