twenty-three

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

《CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE》

CARTER KNEW THAT something was wrong when Tony was late for training

CARTER KNEW THAT something was wrong when Tony was late for training. Tony was never late for training, yet she had already been waiting for fifteen minutes. Something was up.

She ran across the grass and entered the facility. As she did, she noticed how much more advanced everything was becoming. When she had first arrived, the only thing impressive was the facility itself, but now flying vehicles and many large devices, that Carter didn't know the name or purpose of, took up residence there.

When she got inside, she ran to Tony's office. No one was in the room, so she then tried his room full of projects. Not there either. She planned on going to the kitchen, but as she passed the living room, she heard the TV. It was on the news and it was saying something about a ferry being destroyed. When she heard a clink of metal, she looked inside to see Tony clad in his Iron Man suit.

When he turned around, he saw her and said, "Sorry, kid. Training is gonna have to be postponed today."

"Are you going to help the people on that boat?" She inquired as she pointed to the TV. It now showed live footage of the ferry. Shouts and screams could be heard and there seemed to be some sort of fight going on.

He turned to glance at the TV and said, "Maybe. Don't even think about asking if you can come; the answer is no."

"I wasn't thinking about asking. I'm going," she said as she crossed her arms.

"No, you're not, you're--"

Carter didn't hear the rest, for she had made a portal to the spot she had been at minutes before for training. She grabbed her mask, thankful that she was already in her suit, and zapped back to where Tony was.

"No. You are staying here. Do not try to follow me. I mean it."

He ran outside and flew off to go and be a hero. Carter watched him fly away and thought sorry, Tony to herself, before going after him, using her portals to bounce off of.