Chapter Sixteen

You weren't sure how you had expected your meeting with the League of Villains to go after your initial encounter with Kurogiri and Shigaraki, but it was actually going pretty well. Magne was extremely welcoming even though she knew the circumstances of your joining were less than ideal. She was quick to introduce herself and quicker to state her happiness that another girl was joining the League. It led to the two of you idly chatting- where the conversation somehow turned to your views on hero society. Even though you knew that they would agree with you, you were still hesitant to tell them.

"I think," you began. "That hero society is inherently flawed. I don't think that there's any way to really fix it. There will always be false heroes, just as there will always be corrupt cops and government officials. Society won't change unless you tear it down and restart from scratch."

And it was the truth. You really did think that. You knew that some of the people here had only joined the League of Villains because they had nowhere else to go. You couldn't help but feel for them. Despite the fact that you were partially being blackmailed into staying here, you knew that not all of them were bad people.

Take Mustard, for example. You were currently playing a video game with him as he grinned wickedly, kicking your ass. He seemed like just a normal middle school kid. He talked like once, acted like one, and even cursed like one. He didn't deserve what he had coming to him.

Over the course of the next few days, you ended up coming to see him as an annoying little brother figure. He was intrigued by your quirklessness- but convinced that it made you weak. The ideology kind of pissed you off, but you didn't mind it too much because you knew it was only what other people had pushed onto him.

"I'm going to win," he grinned at you as he shot another blue shell in your direction. You cursed him out, knowing that you'd be unable to dodge.

"How do you keep doing this?" you demanded. "You manage to get one of those every single time you get a power up! This is hardly fair to me!"

Mustard just laughed and stuck his tongue out at you- an action that you retaliated to by giving him an overdramatically shocked glance. "I told you I was going to win!"

Yes, you supposed that he did. He reminded you a lot of your younger brother. They were both headstrong and resilient, and exceptionally stubborn. You found yourself growing attached to the poor kid, even if all he did was beat your ass at rip off Mario Kart, amongst other things.

You knew that the Training Camp arc had to be coming up soon. It was only a matter of time before it happened. The Sports Festival had come and gone, and the students had already gone through their internships. You knew that Mustard was going to be arrested, then, and a small part of you wanted to stop it. He was just a kid. He didn't deserve to go to jail- much less Tartarus- just because he was working with the Legaue of Villains. You knew that you shouldn't want to help him, but you couldn't help it.

You were also stressing out about what the League wanted from you. Shigaraki hadn't asked anything of you yet, but you knew it was coming. It was only a matter of time before they started asking favors. Honestly, you were terrified that All for One was going to tell Shigaraki of your knowledge on the future. He hadn't yet, which surprised you, but it only made you more wary as to when it was going to happen. You didn't want to know what would happen when he found out.

Himiko, at least, had tried her best to include you in everything she possibly could. You had become friends with her tall companion, Twice, who always spoke in contradictions. But while it was nice to have people who didn't threaten you in the League, you knew that part of the reason why you were here was because you were being blackmailed. Because Mirio could potentially be dragged into that too. And you couldn't do that to him. Imagining the look on his face if he was framed for his mentor's murder was heartbreaking.