14

"Jack could paint a picture of me nude. Anytime he wants."

Violet rolled her eyes and stuffed some more popcorn down her mouth. It was a Thursday night, one of her days off, and she spent it helping Nathan and Kat in their clothing shop.

They complained about barely getting to see her so she found it best to decline spending the night with Gio to hang out with them instead.

Movie night!

"You know how you gave us back your Cat Woman costume?"

"Yeah."

"Well I washed it and put it on display just for decoration because I was dámn proud of it," Kat turned to face Violet as she spoke. "Just the other day someone came in and asked for a price."

Kat chuckled to herself a bit while Nathan finally detached his eyes from a young Leonardo DiCaprio.

"When I told him it wasn't for sell. He insisted that it should be because he wanted to buy it."

"The guy was old too," Nate cringed and stuck out his tongue in disgust. "He said he wanted it for his wife."

"His wife," Violet questioned, mentally trying to picture the costume's size and that type of material fitting on an older woman. At the thought her body gave a brief shudder.

"Turns out his wife is twenty five years old. I felt bad for the guy; he seems smitten...too smitten to realize that she's not in it for his love," Kat shakes her head and sighs.

"Oh stop! Not everyone is like that. What if she really just fell in love with an older man? It's all about the connection: not the looks, not the sèx, not the money, and so on."

The resemblance of her words and her current situation left a disturbing imprint in Violet's mind. Before Giovanni it seemed like Violet tried to base her partner on most of those things. She only focused on the looks of a man and their sexual capabilities mainly because she was searching for answers she had no clue how to obtain otherwise.

There was never a thought of a serious connection with any of the past men she's been with until Giovanni. And while their relationship started off with them between her sheets it transpired into something so much more. He uncovered something within her that made it possible to feel on a deeper, vulnerable level.

There had to be some type of connection if he was and is the only man to pleasure her in that way and make her feel a desire she never once felt before. While Violet proceeded to want to see Gio because of the feelings he caused her to experience, it also intrigued her to want to know more. Intriguing yet frightening and confusing. It soon transformed into wanting to get to know him just because of his compelling and mysterious nature.

"Please," Nate waves his hand around and exaggerates the word. "I can understand if this was a Kate and Tom type of relationship but the man was as old as Donald Trump. So more like a Hugh and Holly relationship."

"There's more to what the eye can see," Violet muttered in defense to the couple she didn't even know.

"Why are you getting offended?"

"I'm not," Violet frowned. "I'll go pop some more popcorn."

It wasn't their place to judge, especially from the outside looking in. Just because they didn't understand it didn't make it wrong or impossible. And maybe she was getting offended but she had her reasons.

As if sensing her bubbling emotions Remy purred against her leg and wrapped her tail around Violet's calf. She closed her eyes and took deep inhales and suddenly she was back in Gio's room.

"I think you should tell them if it clears your mind and eases your heart...tell them. But only you can truly answer your questions."

Did she really want to tell them? Would they judge her the same way?

Remy meowed up at Violet and nudged her small head between her owner's legs.

"What is it baby?"

"Meow."

After the popcorn was finished she transferred it into  another bowl before reentering into the main space. Her head was filled with 'what if's' as she took to her previous spot.

The silence was overwhelming and Violet could see her friends tense.

Pausing the movie, Violet blew out air and made a face, "We need to talk."

"We've figured that out a while ago."

"Shut up Nate," Kat huffed.

"I don't know how to say this but there's been something bothering me and I can't necessarily keep it away from you guys any longer. I'm just gonna say it. For a long time, I kinda labeled myself as asexual."

She stopped to analyze their reactions. Kat looked shocked and Nathan just looked lost.

"I'm sorry but what is an asexual," he asked.

Kat turned so that she could look at Nate. Her eyes were still wide and her mouth hung just slightly. "It's when someone doesn't feel any sexual desire or feelings."

Nate tilted his head and stared at Violet.

"Babe. I need you to explain further. How is that possible when there is an Italian sèx symbol named Gio in your life?"

Laughing she shook her head and dug for some more popcorn, "That's the strange part. Every guy I've had before Gio didn't make me feel the need to get sexual with them. I never cared to but I only did it because I was on a mission to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. After I found out what it was, I adapted. The thing that sucked was spending several nights faking orgasms."

"FAKING ORGASMS," Nate yelled and threw a hand full of popcorn on the floor. "You poor child."

"Poor child indeed," Violet chuckled.

"Wait, wait, wait so what about biker Dan?"

"What about him?"

"You had to fake it with him too?"

"Yup. He actually came after one minute anyway."

Kat shook her head, "You're lying."

"Nope."

"Okay but what about Cole? Didn't you date him for like a month," Nate reclined in his seat and pulled blankets over his body.

"Not really. I mean he was a cool guy but we didn't actually date. I would never let it go that far because of what I knew, well thought I knew. I've never really had a relationship till Giovanni."

"So what? Is he some type of warlock? Why is he different?"

Violet shrugged, "All I know is that he makes me feel...everything."

"Well that's all that matters. I'm gonna admit though that I feel a little hurt...that you couldn't trust us with this all."

"It's not that I didn't trust you guys with it; it's just that I was afraid you guys would look at me differently."

"And why would we do that? We told you before that you can tell us anything. We've been friends for too long to let something so small as that break us."

Nathan nodded in agreement. Violet felt bad and quickly apologized and asked for them to hug it out.

"Is there anything else you're keeping from us."

"No." The firmness behind her voice was enough to convince her friends. It was settled. She'd tell them anything and everything from now on.

"Can we get back to the movie? Leonardo was just about to make me drool."

"Except you already was."