Alex Standall x Reader

"GET UP Y/N JENSEN!!" Clay was banging on your door and shouting at you. "WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE- AGAIN!" You were surprised the door was still intact.
You groaned.

"...gimme five more minutes...please..." you mumbled into your pillow, dreary and pleading. Getting up really wasn't on the agenda.

"If you're not ready in 20 minutes, Y/N, I'm leaving without you." It was an empty threat, you knew he wouldn't, but it still pushed you to finally get out of bed.

You and your brother walked to school together, and met his almost-girlfriend-but-not-really Hannah along the way. You and Hannah had been acquaintances before, but ever since her and Clay got closer, so did she and you. Currently, she was attempting to set you up with her friend Alex Standall, a guy you'd had a crush on for a while.
Alex and you were similar. You both had quite quirky looks, and had similar tastes in music. You didn't mind walking to school with Hannah and Clay because they always included you rather than letting you third wheel.

—-

At lunch, Hannah came to sit next to you.

"Hey, Hannah. What's up?"

"Nothing much, except the fact I asked Alex to sit with me at lunch." She smirked.

"Oh- it's okay if you wanna go sit with him, I don't mind!" You smiled, trying not to look too hurt.

"No, silly! He's sitting with me. On this table. With you." She explained. The lightbulb turned on in your head.

"Oh god! Do I look okay? Have I got food in my teeth?" You frantically smoothed your hair down and pushed up your glasses. She chuckled.

"You look gorgeous." She reassured you, right as Alex Standall approached the table, and sat down. He eyed you up and down dubiously.

"Hey Hannah, Y/N."

"Hey." You smiled sheepishly. Alex knew your name???

You ate lunch with Hannah and Alex, and got more comfortable and the time passed. You joked and laughed and couldn't stop yourself from looking at Alex at least every ten seconds. What was weird was, most of the time he was looking back.

As you left the lunch hall, someone shouted for you.

"Y/N! Hold up." It was Alex. It was Alex???

"Oh, hey Alex." You smiled.

"You got a free period?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually. I was planning on heading to the library."

"Well, if you don't mind changing your plans, how about heading out with me?" You'd stopped by the lockers so as not to cause disruption in the hallway.

"'Out' where?" You were doubtful.

"Out of school." He grinned mischeviously. You bit your lip.

Clay will kill me, you thought.

"Yeah, why not."

—–

You two were sat on the top of a hill somewhere, you weren't entirely sure how you'd ended up there, but there you were. Alex's speaker was playing music, and the sun was lowering in the sky.

"So, Hannah's told me a lot about you." He began, "but you're a lot better than she described."
You blushed. Alex was so sweet.

"What kind of things has she said?"

"All good things."

"I'd hope so." You joked.

"So she hasn't said anything about me?" He asked.

"She didn't really need to..." you looked away, feeling awkward. He was perplexed.

"Well, I mean, because, well, I already kinda knew a lot." You avoided eye contact. He decided not to press you, sensing how uncomfortable you were. He moved closer and faced you.

Just then, your phone chimed.

Message from Clay: Where the hell are you???

Message to Clay: I'll tell you later.

Message from Clay: As long as you're safe x

Message to Clay: Of course Mr Protective.

You locked your phone and turned back to Alex.

"Sorry, it was just Clay."

"Your brother? I love that guy."

"Me too. Sometimes." You made eye contact again, unable to break once you'd got a taste of their liquid blue.

"Y/N, you're really awesome. I wish we'd hung out sooner."

"Really?" You stared into his eyes.

My Heart - Paramore began to play. It was one of your favourites.

"Yeah, you're different like, quirky, and really cool. But I said that already." He laughed at himself. His laugh sent tingles down your spine. You weren't quite sure how to respond.

"Can I ask you something?" He looked nervous.

"Go ahead." You were apprehensive, it could be anything.

"Can I... Kiss you?" This was not what you'd been expecting. You were completely taken aback.

"Really??" Was your initial response, before you saw the sincerity in his eyes. "I mean, yes! Yes!" You laughed as you both leaned in ignited the kiss. It was a simple peck. You smiled. He cupped your face in his hands and went back for more. It was passionate and desperate, as though both of you were taking all you could. The song made everything all the better. You lay down on the grass, bringing him with you. After a while, he broke off.

"I know I only just met you properly, but it's feels like I've known you forever." He stroked your cheek.

"I think we can thank Hannah for that." You made a mental note to thank her every day for the next year, before returning to kissing the hell out of Alex freaking Standall.

Credit: jeffatk1ns.tumblr.com