just the two of us (continued) | william vangeance x reader

Author's Note:

roses are red

violets are bested

i wrote a part two

cuz it's highly requested

Enjoy!

Previously:

"Well, I should get going. Thanks for everything, Captain," (Y/n) waves, walking away with Alecdora.

I vow to push past my insecurities and confess to her in the near future. Once I can do that, then maybe things will be the way they should be.

Just the two of us.

~Two Weeks Later~

I find that it's getting increasingly difficult to distance myself from her. I see her every day but my feelings remain a secret. If I don't speak up now, she'll be swept off her feet by some other man. It's tearing me apart.

Today's a particularly gloomy day, though. The raindrops on my window say I won't be seeing the sunshine for quite a while, so there's no point of sitting in the garden for peace of mind. My next option would be to do some reading.

I went to the library, not expecting the lovely (Y/n) to be enjoying her leisure with a novel...and Alecdora.

Forcing a small smile onto my face, I grab a book and casually approach the pair. Alecdora's quick to solute me, standing from his seat. (Y/n), knowing I'd preferred her not to follow suit, just nodded in acknowledgment.

"Captain, do you need something?" Alecdora inquired.

I shook my head, waving him off. "Not particularly. I just wanted to speak with (Y/n) in private. But I can come back later if-"

"Go right ahead, sir," he insisted. "I should be returning to my duties right about now, anyway. I'll see you later, (Y/n)."

"Oh, o-okay, see ya!" she waved hesitantly.

Once Alecdora was out of sight, I sat down next to her and opened my book. She watched, clearly expecting me to say something, but I remained silent.

"William? Y-You said you wanted to talk?" she stammered, setting down her own book.

I smiled somewhat mischievously. "What do you mean?"

"You wanted to talk in private...right?"

I shrugged. "Perhaps."

Truth is, I really don't know what to talk about. It pained me to lie like that, but I just needed an excuse to be alone with her. Don't we all have a selfish side?

"Wait, so you don't want to talk...?" she asked in what I could've imagined was disappointment.

"I do."

"I'm confused," she frowned. "You're such a peculiar man, Captain."

I set my book aside, intrigued by her observation. "What makes you say that?"

She stops reading as well, lending me her full attention. "Well, you always seem to have so much to say...but you never say it. What's stopping you?"

I ponder for a moment. "Timing is everything, (Y/n). Maybe I'm just waiting for the right time."

"...But time is never promised. Sometimes it's best to just seize the moment and say what's on your mind," she smiled.

She's right. Still, what if I only make things worse? What then?

I hung my head in silence for a moment, took a deep breath, and raised my eyes to greet her own. Then, I stood up and held out my hand to her. She took it, sending me a questioning glance.

"Come with me, I want to show you something."

She obliged, allowing me to lead her down the hallway, around the corner, out the doors, and into the garden. I pulled her closer, using my cape to shield her from the light rainfall.

"Hey, what are we doing outside?" she marveled.

"You'll see," I said, leading her to the bench we'd usually find ourselves sitting at. "Have a seat."

She sits down next to me, curiously anticipating my every move. "So...what now?"

I smiled. "Now? We enjoy this."

"Enjoy what?"

"Being alone," I said. "...Just the two of us."

"Well...yeah, I really do like this..." she shyly admits. "But what are you getting at, William?"

I turned to her, staring her in those curious (e/c) eyes of hers.

"I know now might not be that "perfect" moment I was looking for, but it's now or never. I need to get this off of my chest," I began. "...Ever since we met, you've had my heart. So many thoughts run through my head, but in the end, my mind always wanders back to you. You give me peace, (Y/n). For that, I want to thank you..."

Her eyes welled up with tears, worrying me until she gently lifts a hand to my face, cradling its side. She leaned into me, planting a delicate kiss on my lips. I was so entranced by her gesture that I refused to let her slip away. The moment our lips parted ways, I just held her closer, kissing her back this time. To say I was relieved would be an understatement. For the first time in a while, I felt that I could breathe. My head was finally above the waters.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," she muttered in awe.

I smiled. "No, surely I've waited the longest."

"No, me," she insisted.

"No, me," I echoed.

This meant on for nearly a minute until couldnt take ourselves seriously anymore and broke out into laughter.

Placing her hand on my shoulder, she says, "William?"

"Yes, love?"

"...If I get a cold, I'm blaming you."

"Noted."

The End.

Author's Note:

I finally beat writer's block LOL! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one. I was surprised that so many people wanted a part two, but I don't argue with the crowd, so here it is! XD

I have two NEW BOOKS! Taradiddle (a BTS fanfic), and well as a new anime oneshots book! Go check them out! <3

I love you guys and I'll see you next time!

Word Count: 975