Chapter 3: Pride

You know how Endeavor was so adamant to, sort of, get rid of you? Yes, the man was offering up his family and home to you. It’s all because he was wallowing in the guilt of your thirty year pause in time. Right now, Endeavor’s too caught up in a mess within his hero work to really be dealing with his ex from three decades prior. It’d be in his best interest to have your life back in order, or at least to some extent, it’d be one less thing on his plate. The home was provided, the last matter of the situation is re enrolling you into a school for aspiring heroes. 

However, everything became oh so unfortunate. As sadly expected, UA refused to take you in as a student despite your enrollment thirty years back. The curriculum and requirements have changed drastically over the years. They had their reasonings or excuses besides them, or whatever you want to call it. You're still allowed to enroll into UA again as long as everything eventually gets sorted out before the semester comes to an end. After all, you’d prefer to enroll into Shoto’s class; It was the second semester of your freshman year, just like Shoto is currently, when you went under the ice. Better to go into school with someone you know rather than nobody at all.

This all resulted in your but newfound slump. Normally you’d be more than happy to tackle problems head on but everything is coming close to a near standstill again. For the last twenty minutes, give or take, you've been sitting upon the edge of Shoto's bed. A near blank application for school was staring right back into your deadpan face like an annoying blemish you wanted to erase from the earth. Most of the packet was easily filled out, easier said than done, while the deeper you ventured the harder it became to complete. "Permission from a parent or legal guardian to attend UA High if your attendance has been accepted..." You sighed while pinching the bridge of your nose.

Your ex’s son has been off school for the last day and a half because of your sake. Aizawa understood that Shoto was juggling around your responsibilities. Mr. Aizawa began teaching rather recently according to Shoto and is known to give a big silent ‘fuck you’ when it came to family matters but since Shoto already is one of the top students of the class, a break wouldn’t hurt too bad. Shoto was given the day's classwork and lesson plan ahead of time and permission to leave for no more than three days. Aizawa honestly sounds like a teacher you’d highly enjoy being taught by. Too harsh of a teacher and you’re sure to give lip, too lenient and you won’t take the class seriously. The trick must be to stay on his good side, strive for the top, and show the desire to improve. Too bad you’re not in his class yet…

Shoto had reluctantly glanced up from his textbook and schoolwork. The subject of you needing guardian approval was an easy problem to solve. "Just get my dad to sign it... He's technically your guardian now anyways..." The boy sighed all the while he tossed a pen in your direction.

Shoto can’t tell if you weren’t paying attention or if you intended for the pen of red ink to hit you in the side of the side. You actually never felt a thing but was surprised when it did land within your grasp. "I know I know..." You sat the application down and rested your head within the cradle of your hands. "I'm still just accepting the fact that my parents basically orphaned me. Now I have to go through the stress of re-applying and redo the entry exam for school," your voice had raised and lowered dramatically. Everyone already knew you were stressed but this is a new level. The second emotions are taken out on others means nothing good.

Shoto took his entrance exam for granted just one semester ago. He can't exactly identify with your stress right now. "When I did my exam, it was just an obstacle course. If you can do what I've heard you can, I'd say you-"

"I'm still half freezing to death Shoto! If I use my quirk one more time in my state I'll freeze to death," Shoto found you running your hands through the stringy strands of snow white hair with the most sullen expression occupying your features. It's only been two days since you've been extracted from the ice and you're truly upset with the everlasting cold within your being.