♢29

"Please help me

"Please help me." The urgent voice of Donghyuck choked out through the phone, desperation seeping out.

Jaemin stood shocked and took the phone away from his ear to check the ID.
"Donghyuck-"

"Jaemin please."
"What?"
"Please tell me she's with you, Yunhee is with you right?"

Jaemin's gut wrenched at the sound of her name and the desperation on his tongue.
"Jaemin? Please she has to be with you- her dad called me saying she was upset and she's ran away." Donghyuck panicked.

"She's not here- where would she be?" Jaemin asked, already throwing on his jacket and shoes whilst leaving the house.
"I don't know I'm in the car looking right now, I don't see her..."

"I'm sure she's fine."

"No Jaemin you don't understand...why do you think I've been so protective of her all this time?"

"What do you mean?"

There was a long pause on the other side.

"She's suicidal."

Jaemin sighed harshly and pulled his hair with frustration as he sat on his motorcycle after driving around for what seemed like ages.

She wasn't picking up her calls and she could be anywhere right now. She could be- no.

Where are you Yunhee?

He repeated, revving up his engine, it roaring to life as his heart pounded erratically in his chest. The harsh wind skimmed across his face and the more as time went on, the more dread settled in.

That's until he saw a figure on the bridge. Even though it was a fair distance away, he couldn't mistake her for anyone else.
It's like everything was slowing down when he drove faster towards her.
She stood on the ledge before the railing, not quite making any other movements, she just stared at the water with the railing to her chest.

Jaemin parked his Motorcycle and ripped off his helmet as he walked quickly towards her.
"Yunhee." He said, startling her. She whipped her head into his direction and his heart broke at the sight of her red teary eyes and her cheeks that glistened with the tears that continued to fall.

"Yunhee." He said softer this time, walking slowly towards her with caution.
Her eyes flickered from him to the water and she began moving away from him as he got closer.

"Go away." Her voice sounded broken and hurt as she inched further away.

Jaemin stopped walking and gulped down his fears as he held his hand out reassuringly.
"Come-"
"No. Leave me alone." Her voice no longer sounded calm and happy, it was the complete opposite.

"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No."
"It's cold, you're going to get sick."
"I already am, it doesn't make a difference. I'll die either way."

"No you won't-"
"I am, I'm dying Jaemin!" She exclaimed, facing him once more.
"Maybe it's better off if I d-"
"No." Jaemin said, striding to her and grabbing her wrist before she could process it.

"You're not going to die." He said, looking up at the girl who still stood higher than him.
"You're not." He repeated softly.

She looked to the ground as tears fell again. Jaemin reached up and brushed her hot tears away with his thumbs as he cupped her cheeks softly.
She leaned into his hand involuntarily.

"You're pretty even when you're crying."

Yunhee let out a small laugh and sniffled slightly.
"That's the first compliment you've said to me."
"Im sorry." He said genuinely. "I've been so rude to you and you didn't deserve it- I'm sorry." He said brushing his thumbs over her cheek again.

"It's okay." She whispered, and Jaemin shook his head- wrapping his arms around her waist and picking her up- putting her down in front of him.
"I do want to be your friend- i was just too much of a coward to tell you."

"You don't have to say that just because-"
"No I do." He spoke firmly, his thumb resting on her chin and tilting her chin up.

"You're amazing Yunhee, I mean it. You're perfect just as you are I promise." His eyes peered into hers and his thumb brushed against her bottom lip.

"You owe me a favour." She breathed out,  her heart thumping expeditiously and her nerves began to tingle.

"What is it?" His voice became quieter, the atmosphere became thicker as they felt like the only two people in the world.
Her chest rose shakily as she swallowed down her nerves, looking up at him once more.

"Kiss me."

Um

Um

What

Let me just-