Chapter 23

Recap:

I turn my attention onto Stefan - our eyes connect for a split second before I tear them away. A stabbing pain in my chest causes a sharp intake of breath. Looking down, I reach for my glass of champagne and tip its' contents down in one, wincing at the burn that accompanies the champagne on the way down thanks to its' bubbles.

The six royals sit down and the silence is broken. Chatter resumes as waiters begin to appear with the first course. Sighing, I already know this will be a long night.

Drunken Mistakes

I sit back in my chair sighing. It's only 8.30pm. For 2 tortuously long hours I've suffered and we've only just finished dessert. I'm already on my 5th glass of champagne but no amount is seeming to help speed up time. Dancing and merriness is planned to last well into the night - and Dylan and Lexi have already warned me against even trying to leave before 11pm.

On the plus side, now food is over, mingling and movement is finally on the cards meaning Laura can finally come over to join us - just as the other 3 people on our table make their exit. Taking a seat next to Lexi, opposite me, she slumps back. "I'm bored. Entertain me."

I raise an eyebrow at her demand. "You're the host. You entertain us." I snort.

"How about a drinking game?" Dylan pipes in.

I perk up at his suggestion - "I'm down for that. You guys?"

➰➰➰

"MEDUSA!" I yell as my eye makes direct contact with Laura. Racing to grab the last two shots, I manage to down mine just nano seconds before her and slam my glass down in triumph. Laura groans and reaches for the last shot.

We've been playing medusa for a while now. We started with 20 shots and Laura and I have just polished off the last three. I honestly have no idea where these shots came from to be honest. It's not like we're at a bar, we're in the goddamn Palace of England...

Anyway, for those of you who don't know how the game works, on the count of three all the players look up at each other. If two people make eye contact they must both will yell "Medusa!" and rush to down a shot first. The last one to finish the shot will have to take two. The same rules apply if more than one pair has yelled...

I smile feeling a little fuzzy. I'm by no means drunk but tipsy definitely seems to fit the bill. "Fuzzy duck guys?" I suggest.

"Fuzzy what?" Laura frowns.

"How do you play that?" Lexi hiccups.

"One of us start the game by saying "fuzzy duck". The next player will then say "ducky fuzz". This will go on till one of the players screw it up, and they will have to take down a drink. At any point, a player might say "Does he fuck?" to change the course of the game and the next player would then have to say "Fuck, he does?" Messed up? Gulp down that drink brother."

Turns out Dylan is the worst at this game... we don't play it for very long. It would appear we're already too drunk to be able to play a game consisting of more than one simple rule and everyone's messing up so much it's literally just a drinking fest.

"Never have I ever wanted to blow Channing Tatum's brains out." Dylan smirks as Lexi, Laura and I take a gulp simultaneously rolling our eyes. Crude much woah.

We've retreated to classic drinking games, giving ourselves a break from shots before we make too much of a scene. Thankfully no one really seems to be paying any attention to us anyway, but at least this game has mellowed us out a little.

"Bastard." I mutter at Dylan as my take a swig of my peach schnapps and lemonade. Honestly, it's a lethal game if you play with people who know you.