Chapter Seven

As he had said, Maddox arrived to take me to dinner at 5:15. But by the time that he had arrived, I was already ready.

My black hair had been carefully braided, pulling around my head but with most of it flaring out from underneath. In my hair was a tiara, a bejewelled monstrosity that shimmered with every movement. 

"Once you're crowned you will be wearing a proper crown." Haven had told me.

Apparently, dressing up as if you were attending a ball was a regular occurrence for dinner and everyday events.

The dress that they had put me in was a deep forest green. The sleeves ran down the entirety of my arm, flaring out at my hand. The dress clings to my skin, but not in an unattractive way. At the bottom, it flared out, this time on a bigger scale. It pooled around my feet and went back for at least a metre.

"A dress fit for the Luna Queen," Faith had promised me when I was placed in the dress.

When I looked in the mirror all I could see was my bones sharply sticking out, making me look like a Corpse Queen rather than a Luna Queen. Everything looked fake, the expensive dress, the tiara that was for sure a family heirloom, the large diamonds that were hanging off my neck and chest. It didn't look real.

Verity had sworn that the flaws I was finding were stupid, so in the end, I just looked away from the mirror in a hope that somehow, that would change my perspective.

The moment we heard the knock on the door, everything was thrust into action. Eden had run forward and opened the door, letting Maddox in.

All three of my ladies bowed, showing their respect for a King.

Maddox had a pure gold crown tangled in his hair. He wore a well fitted black suit, practically covered in gold medals and buttons. His green eyes shone the moment his eyes landed on me.

"You look beautiful," He bit out, "Shall we go? Dinner has been prepared, they're just waiting for our arrival,"

I looked down and nodded my head. I let him grab my arm and start leading me in the direction to the dining room. The palace was huge, the long walk towards the dining room only solidified that fact. Maddox didn't say a word thankfully.

"My Beta, Gamma and Delta, along with their mates always have dinner with us. I did mean to tell you that, but it must have slipped my mind. I hope that's not too much trouble for you." He said sheepishly when we were finally outside the dining room.

"That's fine," I forced out, even though it was anything but.

As soon as we entered, the entire room went silent. Maddox looked unaffected as he continued walking to the two seats that were at the very top of the table. He pulled the seat out for me, and nervously I sat down, trying not to focus on their unwavering gazes.

"Maddox, is this her?" A girl with platinum blonde hair asked excitedly.

Maddox gave a toothy grin, "This is Elora Reed, my mate."

She let out a squeal, "I knew it!"

I already regretted not having dinner in the privacy of my room.

"Elora this is my Beta Elliot Enderson and his mate Zina, my Gamma Cassius Marshall and his mate Peyton and my Delta Dakota Ciotti and his mate Callie." Maddox introduced,

"AND I'M ARYA! I'M THE OLDEST!"

My attention was suddenly drawn to all of the children. The girl Arya, who would only be four at the most, was sitting in between Peyton and Cassius. In a seat next to her was a toddler,