Chapter Twenty-"I thought we couldn't kiss"

~Dedicated to all those special moments which you remember for years~

Chapter Twenty

Venice was probably the most gorgeous places I’ve ever been to in all my life. Sure I wasn’t exactly a renowned tourist or a current jetsetter, but there was no doubt that Venice was beautiful. The whole city smelt strongly of seafood and there was always a warm smile on the locals’ face. Another perk to Venice were the amazing waterways which I had to admit, was really cool. Small boats sailed across and of course there were the gondolas which Juliet had informed me weren’t all that in fashion, except with happily in love couples.

Since Mr Berkley had allowed us to attend the Carnival of Venice, he had given us the day off to get whatever we needed to get ready for it. Juliet had literally sparked up as soon as she heard this and decided that she was going to drag me around town on a shopping spree. Of course it would totally weird for best friends to go out by themselves and Juliet had gone and invited Chris to join us who in turn invited Sean and that seemed to cause Jessica to somehow follow us.

So here we were. A group made up of a sexy bad boy, his best friend the gorgeous jock and a feisty redhead and two blonde girls, although I was pretty sure that Jessica was the better at being confident. Juliet had taken position in front of the group as she led us through the busy streets while Chris walked next to her and on the other side, Jessica seemed to be listening as her eyes wandered over the small boutiques and jewellers stores. Biting back a sigh, I was surprised when I felt a warm hand slipping into mine.

“Looks like you could use some cheering up Lanter,” Sean whispered, his fingers squeezing mine.

I felt a warm colour spreading onto my cheeks as I glanced down at our entwined fingers before replying, “Don’t be silly, I’m fine.”

“You’re a bad liar,” Sean answered with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes in a mock glare, “I am the best liar you know!”

“Is that so?” he asked, leaning closer as his eyes glinted with amusement.

I huffed, “Of course I am.”

“I seriously doubt that,” Sean commented with a small shrug and a grin, “you could hardly lie without blushing all the time.”

I frowned, touching my face with my free hand before I snapped in defence, “I don’t blush!”

He raised a dark eyebrow and I added more quietly, “Well not all the time.”

Sean grinned, pinching my cheek as he replied, “Whatever floats your boat Lanter."

Just as I was about to slap his hand away, we were interrupted by Jessica who grinned at the sight of Sean and my hands together. My cheeks heated and I pulled my hand away when I heard Sean giving a snort of amusement. Standing up straighter in an aid to keep my pride and prove myself right, I ignored Sean and glanced at Jessica who was giving me a suggestive smile before slyly winking. Huffing out, I walked past her and made my way to the boutique Juliet was grinning widely at.

I let my eyes scan the small shop and I couldn’t help the smile that crept onto my lips. The shop was filled with tons of beautiful dresses, each long and decorated with materials reminding me of the fairy tales filled with exotic ball gowns and princesses. My eyes widened in awe and I felt the excitement finally settling into my bones. Juliet turned to me with a wide grin and I took in my best friend’s appearance. She looked happier than ever with her long red hair pulled up into a high ponytail, her body covered in a simple blue sundress and her green eyes sparkling with joy. Not for the first time, I felt lucky to have her as my best friend.