chapter 18

"This is mad!" Ron exclaimed. "At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Snape slapped Ron on the head and glared at him before continuing to strut past the table. "Well us and Neville." Ron finished with a laugh.

"but then again he can take himself." Harry added.

"It might interest you to know, Neville has already got someone." Hermione said.

"Aw, now i'm really depressed." Ron sighed. You shook your head at him and started to write again.

Fred handed Ron a sheet of paper with the words 'Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone.'

"Who you going with then?" Ron whispered. Fred chucked a ball of paper at a girl in Gryffindor and mouthed if she'd like to go to the ball with him, to which she smiled back and nodded. He winked at Ron before getting back on with his test.

"Well Hermione you're a girl." Ron started.

"Oh well spotted." Hermione interrupted. Harry tried to get Ron's attention but Snape came and hit Ron and Harry over the head with a book, but that didn't stop Ron from talking.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up on his own." You mouthed the words 'No' violently and eyed Ron to tell him to shut up, but he didn't listen and just carried on. "But for a girl, it's just sad."

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not somebody has already asked me." She spat gathering her stuff and then handing her book to Snape. "And i said yes!" She growled and stormed away.

"Bloody hell."

"I told you to stop Ron." You said quietly.

"Yeah but-" He said but Snape hitting him on the head again stopped him. You looked up and saw Malfoy staring at you. You frowned at him and closed your book. You handed your book to Snape because you'd finished and wanted to find Hermione. As you left the room you could still feel somebody's eyes on you and you knew who they belonged to.

"Hermione!" You shouted down the corridor. She turned around and smiled. You jogged to catch up to her. "So 'Mione who has asked you?" You asked.

"The one with the first name that starts with vik and last name ends with tor." She said.

"No way! And you didn't tell me before?" You exclaimed hugging her.

"I couldn't find you anywhere." Hermione replied.

"I knew you both had a thing going on with all the eye flirting." You teased.

"Stop." She laughed.

-

Harry was layed on the sofa in the common room as you sat by the fire and Hermione was reading a book. "You know Harry, you're going to have to get over her." You said

The door burst open to reveal Ginny and some other girls who were holding Ron up, who looked extremely pale.

"What happened to you?" Harry asked.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." Ginny informed as she helped Ron sit down.

"What?" You asked coming over beside him.

"What did she say?" Harry questioned.

"No of course." Hermione said. Ron shook his head and closed his eyes as if he had PTSD from asking her out. "She said yes?"

"Don't be silly." Ron said. "There she was walking by. You know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out."

"Actually he kind of screamed it at her. It was a bit frightening." Ginny said.

"What did you do then?" You asked.

"What else? I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this Harry. I don't know what got into me." Ron whimpered.

"Hey Harry." The twins from the other week greeted walking past everybody. You saw the look in Harry's eyes that you knew what he was going to do.

-

Tonight was the night. The Yule Ball. Your parents had delivered you a beautiful dark red dress that flowed down to your feet and a pair of silver heels, even though you could hardly see them as the dress covered them. Your hair was curled making lovely ringlets throughout your hair. You even had makeup on, which you hardly wore, but thought you should make the effort tonight.

You were waiting outside of the common room for Cedric because he said he'd walk you down. "Wow you look gorgeous!" You turned around to see Cedric standing there looking extremely handsome.

"Thank you." You smiled shyly. "You don't look too shabby either." You joked. You and Cedric made your way to outside of the great hall where most people were standing either waiting for their date or chatting with their friends.

You and Cedric were just having a conversation with Neville and Ginny when you saw Harry and Ron come down the stairs. "Hey, i'll be back in a second." You said. You went over to Harry and Ron with a smile.

"The atmosphere is amazing isn't it?" You asked. The two of them stared at you. "What?"

"Y/N you look-" Harry began.

"Beautiful." Ron finished off.

"You guys." You laughed. It was weird getting compliments from them. The Patil twins arrived and you exchanged a quick hello and goodbye before going back over to Cedric who was standing behind Fleur and her date.

"Why are you stood here?" You asked.

"For the first dance." Cedric replied with a small smile.

"Oh god." You said as you had forgotten that you had to dance alone with the other champions.

"Don't worry you'll look amazing no matter what." He reassured linking his arm with yours. You tried to hide that you were blushing but knew that he'd already seen it.

"Excuse us." A deep voice with an accent said. You turned to see Viktor and Hermione. She was another level of stunning. You and cedric moved to the side to let them in front of you as Hermione gave you the brightest smile.

-

The doors opened to reveal the great hall. You began to walk forwards and saw everybody else lined up and clapping you in. The great hall was decorated with Christmas trees at the back and snow falling from the bewitched ceiling. "Wow." You whispered to Cedric.

You took your place on the dance floor and put your hand on Cedric's shoulder as he put his hand on your waist. Your heart was beating rapidly as you and Cedric gazed into each other's eyes. The music started to play and you began to dance.

____________________________________________________

Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed this chapter remember to vote :)

The rest of the Yule ball continues next chapter

-Maisie