1 | Embarrassing yourself in front of your Crush

Adra rolled out of her bed and straight away went to her bathroom

Adra rolled out of her bed and straight away went to her bathroom. First she switched on the geyser, it wasn't really cold everyday even though it was September. Climate change she thought and shook her head. But habits died hard. Well bad habits died hard. But bathing with warm water wasn't bad, right?

She brushed her teeth and laid down her school uniform on her bed at the same time. God, the horrendous yellow Henley t-shirt with a black collar and grey pants didn't sound like a good combination at all, but at least she didn't have to wear a skirt.

That would be awful she thought. It would be more work for her. She would had to wax her legs every month.

Afterwards, she spent almost only 15 minutes taking a bath and putting on her uniform. She searched for her socks in her undergarment drawers.

Not here.

Not there either.

She groaned and went inside her brother's room without knocking, the door was open anyway. She started searching for a pair of black socks.

And yeah! She found them.

Jiten was only a year older than Adra but they both studied in the same grade. That was because Adra had started school early.

She wore her shoes only halfway and picked up her bag and rushed downstairs. Her mom combed her hair. Call her a kid or whatever but she still didn't comb her hair on her own when she went to school. She only combed her hair on her own when she went out with family or friends.

Because firstly her hair was oily and she didn't know how to comb her oily hair.

Secondly she would look horrible if she did comb her own hair to school. Because school, duh.

She filled up her water bottle and then mindlessly played on her phone. They got lunch and snacks at school. She still had 20 minutes before her bus arrived. She logged into her Instagram and then just scrolled miles and miles. She checked her notification to see a few comments on her latest post and she liked them. She checked her follow requests too. She just had too many of them. She never really tried to clear them up.

She was a bit taken aback when she saw that Vijay had sent her a follow request. Because a) He was that cool kid who thought he was cool and b) they only talked during their Independence Day march-past practice because he was the captain of the White House. Adra was the captain of the Blue House, Rahul of the Red House and Monica of the Green House.

But she was not ready for what she saw next.

Armaan had sent her a follow request too.

BESFUYHEWNDCF. . . . .

That's what her mind was doing. Armaan had sent her a follow request! Her heart skipped a beat! She was so goddamn excited to accept it, that she by accident deleted it.