Chapter Thirty-Six

November 2nd, 2019

Zaivinth
(Popular demand ahaha.)

I shouldn't have done this. I've been only worrying about my mate. I sighed, resting my head in one of my hands, absent mindedly looking at the map splayed our before me.

Did she make it back home safe? I should have waited just to say goodbye. Maybe she could have came with me. I sighed again.

Someone jammed their elbow into my rib cage which made my eyes go wide and my spine lock into place. I looked to my right to see Xion give me a side glare, then went back to paying attention. I inwardly groaned, though I knew that decisions had already been made and now I'm living with the consequences.

The meeting between kings ended quickly and Xion and myself walked out into the hall. This palace was angelically white, and gardens were everywhere. "I counted nine sighs total in that hour meeting." Xion looked up at me.

I childishly rolled my eyes, "I have had other things on my mind." I crossed my arms loosely in front of me.

"Clearly." Xion huffed, "gods you act like the world is about to end when you're mate isn't around you." His tone surprisingly serious.

"You will understand once you have a mate of your own to care for." I placed a hand on his shoulder, I think he was just lashing his frustrations onto me.

"They all keep telling me that." He glared at the sky, before taking a very large deep breath, closing his eyes. Once he opened them, he had a smile back on his face. He was a master at leashing his emotions. Eerily so.

"I'm going to go train." He walked in front of me, he was a few paces ahead when he turned back to look at me, "aren't you coming?"

I shook my head, "I need to go think for a little bit." I looked out to the garden. I needed to decided going back to my kingdom and fetching Sheila, or to stay and needlessly worry about her.

He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Gods, I don't ever want to fall in love." This made us both chuckle.

"I'll see you in the next meeting." I nodded my head to him, dismissing him.

"I'll see you then," he turned on his heels and walked away.

I started walking through the halls, the Maeve castle was up on a castle that overlooked the side of the wall and the forest below. Many say the Maeve kingdom is the watchtower of the Mythical Realm, and rightfully so.

I stepped out into the garden that was overlooking the forest below. I walked to the edge and looked down. I sighed, again, seriously regretting my decision.

When was the soonest I could get home? I had an actioned packed schedule of boring meetings for the next few days. I hadn't received a letter from home, which means there is nothing too pressing going on there. I wonder how Sheila is holding up with her duties as queen.

It surprised me, how flawlessly she did each and every task thrown at her. When I watched her work, I saw that she pours every ounce of effort into the task at hand. I fell in love with that trait.

She would be an amazing general, and that scared the soul out of me. Sheila on the battlefront, leading troops into combat. What if she gets hurt? What if she is too far away for me to save her?

I shook my head, I couldn't think like that. Though I knew fully well, if I did put her on the war front, there is nothing stopping her from risking her own life to protect my people, our people. That's just how she functioned, save others before herself.