Chapter 15

"Well peaches, this is a nice surprise." Derek grinned, sliding his hands up my back.

Shit, what have I gotten myself into now. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. Derek gently tilted my chin upwards with his thumb. Before I could react, his lips were on mine. His kiss was gentle, but passionate. I should have moved away, but I just froze in place. I felt him shift forward, pulling me with him. Then, to my utter surprise he grabbed hold of my shoe and freed my foot from under the seat. He broke away from our kiss, lifting me off of his lap and placing me back in the passenger seat. His face moved to the side of mine, his breath fanning against my ear.

"Next time you try to escape, it'd be wise not to straddle me while doing so." He chuckled.

He placed a gentle kiss on my cheek and proceeded to start the car. I huffed and crossed my arms. I stared out the window, watching the trees go by as we drove. I still had no idea where we were going. One thing was for sure though, I could really go for a shower and some food. As if on que, my stomach growled.

"Hungry?" He asked. I nodded and covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Can we stop at a motel or something? I'm tired, hungry and I really want a shower." I pleaded with him, hoping he'd cave.

"How do I know you won't try to run away?" He said coldly.

I bit my lip as I tried to come up with a note worthy response. He watched me out of the corner of his eye. I turned to him slowly and placed my hand on his leg.

"You'll just have to trust me." I said softly.

He sighed heavily, "Damn it Alex. Fine, but we're leaving as soon as it's dark."

As much as he didn't want to admit it. He knew it wasn't safe for us to stay on the road. At least not while the sun was up anyway. About a half an hour later we arrived at a small motel. There was a gas station just to the left of it. Derek seized this opportunity to gas up the car, I didn't dare step outside. I just waited patiently as he went from the gas bar to the motel.

When he came back, he tossed a few bags in the backseat. Then he drove around the building, parking out of view. He got out and went around the car to open my door. He quickly ushered me inside, then grabbed the bags from his car.

The room wasn't overly big, but it was by no means small. There was a couch near the doorway, across it sat two chairs and a small table. A queen bed was situated behind a folding screen. Across from the bed was a tv on-top of a dresser. Beyond that was the bathroom. I pulled off my hoodie and made my way inside towards the shower. I turned the taps on until the water was nice and hot. I got back up to go lock the door when I ran into a hard chest. Derek backed me up against the sink, placing his hands on either side of me. My heart started to race as he leaned in closer.

"Did you want some company peaches?" His lips brushed lightly against mine as he spoke. I shook my head, turning away from him. He brought his hand up to my cheek, making me look at him.

"Don't be long." He said, placing a quick peck on my lips before leaving the bathroom.

I quickly locked the door behind him and wrapped my arms around myself. Why did he still have this affect over me. I reminded myself how he'd played the role of my teacher the past two months. And how he'd basically got me to fall for him all over again. Yeah, that didn't help much either.

I stripped my cloths off and hopped in the shower. I took my time washing my hair and body. When I finally got out, I realized I hadn't brought a change of clothes in with me. I wrapped a towel around me and opened the door a crack.

I peaked out into the room, I didn't see Derek. I tiptoed to my bag and opened it as stealthily as I could. I quickly grabbed a clean change of clothes. Not really stopping to check what I had grabbed. I turned to head back into the bathroom when I heard Derek clear his throat behind me.