Chapter 34.1

Kill me later... I mean, kill me after I have at least finished this book. 

And... you did not expect an update so soon, right? I know. I tend to surprise people. I love that. And... I wrote this entire chapter in one sitting. So, if you find any mistakes, please do tell me.

Might want a box of tissues with you. This chapter has a roller coaster of emotions and better be prepared. And this chapter is written from 5 POVs, 4 of which you have never read before. Anyways, Enjoy while you can. Next chapter is officially the last. After which you have an epilogue.

Word count: 4001. Total word count as of now: 8634

************

The second his alpha gave the command to fight, Brent May found himself dashing towards Andrew, shifting in the midway. As much as that wolf had been his friend, Andrew had betrayed Lyra, his friend and Alpha. And for that, Brent would never forgive him.

There was a time when Andrew had confessed to Sam and him about how he had a crush on Lyra. Thinking it was just a crush, they both had brushed him off. They both knew Andrew would find another mate when fates did not give them a bond even after Lyra turned twenty.

Had Lyra returned Andrew's feelings, there would be a mate bond between them. Or had they been mates, even without Lyra reciprocating, Andrew would have known the second Lyra turned nineteen. Yet, Andrew pursued her.

It was only after Andrew had used his own mate, Nira did Brent realise that Andrew did not merely have a crush on Lyra. He was obsessed with her. How could he see that girl whom he had grown like a sister that way? Brent would never understand.

Even this obsession, Brent could forgive Andrew in fifty years, but what he did to Nira was something unforgivable. Giving control of their mate bond to Harper and allowing her to use Nira as she wished was not something a sane person would do. Even insanity had morals. This was beyond any cruelty he had seen. And to think he had even supported this male in the initial days, had him retching.

Lyra was running towards the lab where she could stop this fight. His other Alpha had found that Zayin who kidnapped Lyra and Antlia and was finding creative ways to spill blood. His Beta was busy fighting Max and his other Beta was fighting with Cheryl who somehow managed to stand against Kaina's magic. Kaina was a strong witch and how the hell did Cheryl manage to withstand her? What sorcery was Harper doing?

Seeing him run towards him, Andrew smirked and continued to twirl his dagger. Did he hope to have that villain effect? Because he was doing a crappy job of being a villain. Andrew was an insult to a villain. He looked like a cheaply hired person who acted as the worst villain in some mock-up of a scary movie.

He looked terrible. That over-confidence that he was oozing out could make him puke in empty stomach. As he was about to reach Andrew, A wolf he recognised to be from Eric's pack, Sheila reached him.

Brent snarled at her. Seeing this, Sheila growled back, thinking Brent was here to defend Andrew. Brent shook his head. If there was one person who was going to kill this low-life, it would be him. It did not matter if he died doing it. This was his kill.

When she realised that she had come between him and his prey, she nodded and ran to fight another wolf.

He snapped his jaws together and growled. When Andrew did nothing. Brent pounced on him. Seeing that he had not come for negotiation, Andrew weakly raised his hand to defend himself, but the harm was done. Brent's fangs sunk into Andrew's forearm.

Then, Andrew threw him off with a strength, a normal shifter could not have. Luckily, Jed helped him up. A second later, Jed shifted to his grey wolf and nodded at him. Together, they began to fight Andrew.