Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin!

Trivedi Villa
___________

Door bell rings.Mrs.Trivedi comes to open.As soon as she does that,Anika comes inside running then hugs her-

V:   Arre......What happened?Anika leaves her.Watching her smiling face,Mrs.Trivedi asks-
My daughter is looking so happy?What's the matter?Anika says nothing just smiles.

By the way,why did you not pick up your phone?Left without having breakfast in the morning.Your PA informed that you were busy whole day.Are you working on any important project?

A:   Yes Mom,very important project....Anika beams.
V:   One second,your eyes are looking so swollen.Have you.......She stops her.

A:   Mom,I have not eaten anything since morning.Can finish entire month's ration right now.Give me something to eat then we will talk.

V:   I am serving food.You go and freshen up.
A:   Love you Mom...........Anika leaves giving a sweet peck in Mrs.Trivedi's cheek.

Some Time Later
_______________

Anika is eating out of Mrs.Trivedi's hand and talking-

A:   Where is Dad,Mom?He was supposed to return today.
V:   Your Dad has gone to Mumbai from Gwalior.A new branch will be opened in Pune.Has gone to select the plot.

A:  That's great........Mom,can I ask you something?

V:   Sure dear.

A:   You...You know Dad since your college time.Have studied together then Dad approached you for marriage and you gave consent.How did you know Dad was that person with whom,you could spend your entire life?

Putting a morsel of food into Anika's mouth,Mrs.Trivedi says smiling-

V:   As you know our departments were different.We could see each other only on the way to college,in the canteen or in friend circle.I was very shy and introvert.
We never talked just stole glances whenever met.Your Dad was my senior and many girls in the college used to dote on him!(Mrs.Trivedi laughs)
We went on a trip to Goa from our college and your Dad called out my name for the first time there to help him out to set up the tents.

I felt something happened inside me or changed,all of a sudden!A very weird feeling.While returning back,your Dad occupied the seat beside me and we talked through the whole journey.
Thus we got to know about each other,to some extent.

My final exams were approaching and I got this tension that perhaps I would not be able to see him again!Papa,your Nana Ji was receiving marriage proposals for me and I knew that I would be married off soon.
Once college life got over,I would lose the chance to meet him and this thought made me sad and restless.

I realized that my heart was not ready to get separated from your Dad.Surprisingly,after the picnic journey your Dad did not try to talk to me in the college or anywhere.Finally,on the day of the last exam,he dropped me home.Before leaving he said-

"This is perhaps our last meeting.But.....I don't want it to be our last.I...I will not be able to live without you Vasundhara.Can you help me with that?"

He finished taking my hand in his hand.My heart skipped and I got to know what I felt for him,he felt the same,for me.In that very moment my heart gave consent and our destinies mingled..........Who is right for you,is not the question.Real question is,who you want,your heart wants.It can be anyone and this anyone does not come with the "Right" tag.We need to find out who is that person.