Chapter 32

I wish I could say that the first thing I wanted to do when I heard the front door open, is not jump up and meet the curly haired girl half way, like a puppy that she'd left alone in her home. I really wish I could say that. This way, I can only sit, on the edge of my seat, and pretend that I'm unfazed by her presence. And in return, she could pretend that she doesn't know I actually feel like a teenage girl who got to meet her favorite actor.

A minute later the door to the small living room creaks and, there she is. "Hi," Freya says with a bright smile, already with no shoes and jacket, as she watches me in my sunken seat on the couch, watching reruns of Bones. I barely turn my head to greet her, but I don't need to either, as she makes her way to the sofa.

"Hi," I smile back, my voice much quieter than hers. She sits down, sideways so she's facing me, and I finally turn my head to look at her too. And hear my neck crack while I do that.

"How was your day?" She asks in a light tone, scooting a little closer to me. I take a second to scan her face, smiling just the slightest at her flushed cheeks and red nose, and not to mention that she'd just taken her beanie off her head too, and saying that her hair is all over the place is an understatement.

"Good," I reply, continuing to watch her as she brings her face closer to mine. "Went to the frat house for a couple of hours. Reminded me that I should start studying before the semester starts."

"Mhm," Freya hums as our noses touch; she's clearly not listening to half of what I'm saying. "Met any teenage girl?"

"No," I decide to respond flatly, my lips touching hers as I speak, instead of acting shocked that she'd ask me something like that. "Been waiting for you all day."

"Okay then," She whispers and finally decides I've had enough of torture, and presses her lips against mine briefly. This is literally all I'm gonna look forward to until school starts; it's pathetic, but it's the best thing I have for now. For now  – I've given it a little thought while she was at work, and I've decided that just kissing her isn't enough for me. I want the whole package. But it's just that I'm dying to see what she actually wants to do with her freedom, then I'm gonna let her know what's on my mind.

Freya interrupts my thoughts when she gets on her knees, eventually placing her left leg over my lap and making me raise my brows as she straddles me. I slowly put my hands on her thighs, sliding them up her jean clad legs until my palms are pressed against her bare skin, under her light grey sweater and white shirt that she's wearing beneath- no, she can't want the freedom so that she'd be able to have a boyfriend. She wouldn't let me touch her like this and kiss her like this if she wanted to see someone else. This is why I'm dying to see why exactly she wants it.

Her hands are on my neck as mine slip from her hips to her lower back, and then a little lower again- to their favorite body part of hers. No, she definitely doesn't want another boyfriend. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you haven't met anyone either?" I mumble, as she proceeds to kiss me through my entire sentence.

"Actually," She pulls on my bottom lip before pulling away for good, "I fell in love with a guy for two minutes."

I blink, and I'm not even gonna hide that I'm a little shocked by that. I mean, even if she's joking or she actually 'fell in love' with a customer for two minutes, I'm still gonna be shocked. Because, here I am, in love with her, listening to her talk about being in love with someone else.

"Did you?" I choose not to voice any of my thoughts, and instead say the only thing that wouldn't make me sound as, well, shocked as I feel. Freya smiles for a moment, leaning down to kiss my jaw- this is seriously some sort of a joke.