↬ three

THREE

"F-R-I-E-N-D-S, we're just friends."
- Anne Marie

Dedicated to fairysums tysm for reading this 🥰

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

"Johnny get the door for gods sake!" Lauren yells out. "Why can't you?" I call back. "Because I'm still getting ready!" I groan as I get off my bed and head downstairs.

I hear the doorbell ring once again, and call out to whoever was there to have patience.

I open the door and see two girls standing there. "Hi!" One of them says, bouncing on her feet. "Oh hey. Y'all must be Choppy's friends...," I trail. When they nod, I open the door wider and let them in.

"Choppy! Two of your friends are here," I yell. "Entertain them. I'll be down in five!" She replies.

I roll my eyes before turning to the pair standing awkwardly. "I'm Johnny," I say, shooting them an awkward smile. "We know-" One of them, the blonde one, blurts out. I raise my eyebrows questioningly as a smirk settles on my face.

"Hey..I've seen you before," I say, glancing at the brunette in front of me.

"And you texted me. Mackenzie Ziegler," she says, putting her head out. "Oh...you're Mackenzie?" I question. I suddenly realised where I'd seen her before.

"You'd come for the New Year's Eve party last year?" I ask, and nod in recollection when she says yes.

"I'm Emily Skinner," the blonde to her left pipes up. "Hey," I say, before leading them into the living room.

I sat them down, and awkwardly hovered over them while they sat in silence.

I text Hayden to ask where he was while waiting for Lauren, and finally she made her grand entrance.

"Is that what you're wearing?" She asks me, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "Says the one who looks like a plastic barbie doll," I retort. Mackenzie and Emily both chuckle, while Lauren glares at me.

"Hey guys," she says, breaking away of our staring contest. They exchange hugs, and I watch, chuckling to myself.

"What are you still doing here?" "I thought you said this was a party. Looks like its just the three of you," I grin, amused.

She makes a face at me, before indicating for Emily and Mackenzie to follow her up to her room. I knew she didn't have friends

✩✰༄

Boy, was I wrong.

"Dude, this place is swarming with girls!" Hayden exclaimed. The two of us had been playing video games in my room up until Lauren began spamming my phone to come downstairs.

"Finally!" Lauren says, as she catches hold of me. "What do you want me here for?" I ask her, groaning. "Make some friends. You barely talk to girls," she smirks, attempting to be heard over the music.

"I told you already. I have my eyes on someone else," I reply. "Nadia? The girl from the bar?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Mackenzie told you that as well?" I question, and she shook her head, shooting a discreet glance at Hayden, which I didn't miss.

"You did not," I turn to Hayden accusingly, who puts his hands up in defence.

"She made me!" He exclaimed. "How did she make you?" I raise my eyebrows. "I was like hey wanna hear a fun story about Johnny, and she said yes!" He exclaimed.

I shake my head, before turning back to a laughing Lauren. "Well yes, Nadia."

"Well obviously she doesn't have her eyes on you, so go mingle. But not with anyone who's already dancing with a guy," Lauren presses, giving me a light shove. "What if I choose to mingle with Mackenzie," I smirk. "Do it and I'm telling mom and dad about the time you locked me in the basement during your last party," Lauren smiles sweetly.

"You were hitting on Noah!" I exclaim. "John, what's the big deal? Come on," Hayden pulls on my arm. I make a face at Lauren, before letting myself get pulled away by Hayden.

"Let's get a drink first," I suggest. We make our way to the kitchen, where cups were littered all over the floor. Lauren sure was going to enjoy clearing this up.

Once Hayden and I had our drinks in hand, we went back inside to the living room where the party was going on.

"Harvey! Hey," I called out, spotting one of the kids from my school, dancing with Loren Gray.

Mine and Lauren's school were pretty close to one another, and a lot of her friends knew mine, so it would figure that there would be guys here.

"Yo, who's that?" Hayden pinches me, pointing towards a girl. I follow his gaze and see Mackenzie, talking to Isaak Presley, another kid from my school.

"Mackenzie. She's the one who's off limits," I mock. "You're listening to Lauren?" Hayden eyes me, chuckling.

"Who do you think I am?" I say, before leading the way towards them. "Hey Mackenzie. Isaak," I grin, nodding. They return my greeting, and just then, Isaak's phone begins to ring.

He excuses myself, and I take his place in front of Mackenzie. "Mackenzie, Hayden. Hayden, Mackenzie," I introduce them.

"Nice to meet you," Mackenzie smiles warmly. "Wait! Isn't Mackenzie the one you accidentally texted?" Hayden asks me in a loud whisper.

I nod, while Mackenzie lets out a small giggle. "So since we're friends, as you proposed over text, how about we hang tomorrow," I suggest, leaning against the wall behind me.

"Sounds good. What time?" She questions. "Around 12ish." "Okay cool. Text me the details?" I nod, and I'm about to walk away, before I remember something.

"Could you like not mention this to Lauren until after," I plead. "Why?" She tilts her head in confusion.

"She's certain I'm going to break your heart," I explain, rolling my eyes. "Which he certainly will," I hear Hayden mumble under his breath.

I elbow him in his stomach, while Mackenzie laughs at our antics. "Gotcha," She replies, and I nod before walking off.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
i'm sorry it's been so long!
but i'm back 🤧🥳
pls tell me someone got the gmw ref
also i'm sorry this is choppy i've forgotten how to write

[ 1021 words ]